Site Feedback Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Zune-format broken?

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    bjorn

Hi

I've been downloadning the Zune-format of the videos for viewing in my HTC Black Diamond, but since a couple of weeks ago the videos doesn't seem to be working in that format anymore.

If I download the zune-version of an old video it works great.

[EDIT] Does it work for anyone at all?

• User profile image
    drm removal

Probably the Zune video you downloaded fron Zune has DRM protection.

Check this guide for detailed information:

How to remove DRM play  protected wma wmv m4p m4v or DVD movie on HTC phone

• User profile image
    bjorn

drm removal said:

Probably the Zune video you downloaded fron Zune has DRM protection.

Check this guide for detailed information:

How to remove DRM play  protected wma wmv m4p m4v or DVD movie on HTC phone

The zune-videos that I'm having problem with is the ones downloaded from Channel 9

[EDIT] And the videoes doesn't work for me in the ordinary Windows Media Player on any of my computers either. So I'm wondering if anyone can play the new Channel 9 videoes in Zune-format.

• User profile image
    bjorn

bjorn said:
    drm removal said:
    *snip*

The zune-videos that I'm having problem with is the ones downloaded from Channel 9

[EDIT] And the videoes doesn't work for me in the ordinary Windows Media Player on any of my computers either. So I'm wondering if anyone can play the new Channel 9 videoes in Zune-format.

I took a look inside one of the files (OfficeCasualJott_Zune_ch9.wmv) and it's actually not WMV-format, but MP4. And when I rename the file to OfficeCasualJott_Zune_ch9.mp4 it works.

• User profile image
    Charles

I have sent mail to the right folks. Not sure what's going on here.

C

• User profile image
    Petka

bjorn said:
    bjorn said:
    *snip*

I took a look inside one of the files (OfficeCasualJott_Zune_ch9.wmv) and it's actually not WMV-format, but MP4. And when I rename the file to OfficeCasualJott_Zune_ch9.mp4 it works.

You are right.

We switched to new Zune HD format and it was set to H264ZuneHD instead of VC1ZuneHD profile.

I made appropriate changes, and new videos should have right format from now on.

Thank you for pointing this out.

-p

• User profile image
    bjorn

Petka said:
    bjorn said:
    *snip*

You are right.

We switched to new Zune HD format and it was set to H264ZuneHD instead of VC1ZuneHD profile.

I made appropriate changes, and new videos should have right format from now on.

-p

Great!

• User profile image
    gcapnias

Petka said:
    bjorn said:
    *snip*

You are right.

-p

Where exactly this change was made? In which part of the site I mean...

George J.

• User profile image
    Petka

Dr G said:
    Petka said:
    *snip*

Where exactly this change was made? In which part of the site I mean...

George J.

Dr G.

This change was made to our internal encoder which encodes all of the videos you see on Channel 9.

Thus all new videos encoded from mid-day today will have right encoding profile for Zune videos.

Hope this answers your question.

-p

• User profile image
    gcapnias

Petka said:
    Dr G said:
    *snip*

Dr G.

This change was made to our internal encoder which encodes all of the videos you see on Channel 9.

Thus all new videos encoded from mid-day today will have right encoding profile for Zune videos.

Hope this answers your question.

-p

Yes, I understood that.

What I meant was, how are these videos available - though the page of an article as a link, or through the Media RSS Channel9 offers for Zune?

George J.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.