Site Feedback Thread

10 posts

Zune-format broken?

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    bjorn

Hi

I've been downloadning the Zune-format of the videos for viewing in my HTC Black Diamond, but since a couple of weeks ago the videos doesn't seem to be working in that format anymore.

If I download the zune-version of an old video it works great.

[EDIT] Does it work for anyone at all?

• User profile image
    drm removal

Probably the Zune video you downloaded fron Zune has DRM protection.

Check this guide for detailed information:

How to remove DRM play  protected wma wmv m4p m4v or DVD movie on HTC phone

• User profile image
    bjorn

drm removal said:

Probably the Zune video you downloaded fron Zune has DRM protection.

Check this guide for detailed information:

How to remove DRM play  protected wma wmv m4p m4v or DVD movie on HTC phone

The zune-videos that I'm having problem with is the ones downloaded from Channel 9

[EDIT] And the videoes doesn't work for me in the ordinary Windows Media Player on any of my computers either. So I'm wondering if anyone can play the new Channel 9 videoes in Zune-format.

• User profile image
    bjorn

bjorn said:
    drm removal said:
    *snip*

The zune-videos that I'm having problem with is the ones downloaded from Channel 9

[EDIT] And the videoes doesn't work for me in the ordinary Windows Media Player on any of my computers either. So I'm wondering if anyone can play the new Channel 9 videoes in Zune-format.

I took a look inside one of the files (OfficeCasualJott_Zune_ch9.wmv) and it's actually not WMV-format, but MP4. And when I rename the file to OfficeCasualJott_Zune_ch9.mp4 it works.

• User profile image
    Charles

I have sent mail to the right folks. Not sure what's going on here.

C

• User profile image
    Petka

bjorn said:
    bjorn said:
    *snip*

I took a look inside one of the files (OfficeCasualJott_Zune_ch9.wmv) and it's actually not WMV-format, but MP4. And when I rename the file to OfficeCasualJott_Zune_ch9.mp4 it works.

You are right.

We switched to new Zune HD format and it was set to H264ZuneHD instead of VC1ZuneHD profile.

I made appropriate changes, and new videos should have right format from now on.

Thank you for pointing this out.

-p

• User profile image
    bjorn

Petka said:
    bjorn said:
    *snip*

You are right.

We switched to new Zune HD format and it was set to H264ZuneHD instead of VC1ZuneHD profile.

I made appropriate changes, and new videos should have right format from now on.

-p

Great!

• User profile image
    gcapnias

Petka said:
    bjorn said:
    *snip*

You are right.

-p

Where exactly this change was made? In which part of the site I mean...

George J.

• User profile image
    Petka

Dr G said:
    Petka said:
    *snip*

Where exactly this change was made? In which part of the site I mean...

George J.

Dr G.

This change was made to our internal encoder which encodes all of the videos you see on Channel 9.

Thus all new videos encoded from mid-day today will have right encoding profile for Zune videos.

Hope this answers your question.

-p

• User profile image
    gcapnias

Petka said:
    Dr G said:
    *snip*

Dr G.

This change was made to our internal encoder which encodes all of the videos you see on Channel 9.

Thus all new videos encoded from mid-day today will have right encoding profile for Zune videos.

Hope this answers your question.

-p

Yes, I understood that.

What I meant was, how are these videos available - though the page of an article as a link, or through the Media RSS Channel9 offers for Zune?

George J.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.