Site Feedback Thread

6 posts

Authentication Required dialogs in Chrome

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • DCMonkey

I'm getting Authentication Required dialogs from Chrome when visting c9. It seems to be two per page load. Clicking log in on them doesnt work (it just prompts again) and cancelling seems to show me logged in but stuff like posting doesn't work.

Seems like this has happened before.

If this post gets through then it appears to be working ok in IE8

• ryanb

It's even worse in Firefox.  Any link, new page, new thread, etc. gives me a "continue" dialog box followed by either three or four of the Authentication Required dialogs to cancel through.  It says I'm logged in, but I cannot post responses.  The whole C9 site has been effectively useless for the past couple days.  IE8 seems to be working for the most part, but I get the authorization dialog occasionally.

• blowdart

Yea I saw this in Firefox yesterday. Deleted all the site cookies and tried again, and back it came

• MasterPi

blowdart said:

Yea I saw this in Firefox yesterday. Deleted all the site cookies and tried again, and back it came

Got this today in IE. It actually foobared ajax calls, rendering the thread titles as "null".

A ctrl F5 on the forum index fixed it.

• Merick

I had this same/similar problem and just fixed it on my system.

If its the same bug, I fixed the problem by going into Chrome's cookies (Options->Under the Hood->Content settings...->Show cookies and other site data...)  and clearing out all cookies for channel9.msdn.com.

• DCMonkey

Merick said:

I had this same/similar problem and just fixed it on my system.

If its the same bug, I fixed the problem by going into Chrome's cookies (Options->Under the Hood->Content settings...->Show cookies and other site data...)  and clearing out all cookies for channel9.msdn.com.

That worked. Thanks.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.