Site Feedback Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Hands On Lab: PowerPivot in SQL Server 2008 R2 - Install Issues

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    bhendry

I"m attempting to run the setup for the lab Hands On Lab: PowerPivot in SQL Server 2008 R2 (http://channel9.msdn.com/Learn/Courses/SQL2008R2TrainingKit/SQL10R2UPD00/SQL10R2UPD00_HOL_01/Overview)

and when I run setup.cmd it fails with the following message: Your current OS is not supported by the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Update for Developers Training Kit.

I have 2008 R2 running on Windows 7 Ultimate, Professional, etc. (tried on different machines). Setup contains a script that creates a special table in the AdventureWorks database, that's all I'm trying to get, but can't get beyond this error.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Bruce

• User profile image
    golnazal

I have emailed Roger Doherty for a response, and will let you know what he says when he gets back to me.

thanks,
    Golnaz

• User profile image
    bhendry

Thanks Golnaz!

• User profile image
    rdoherty

@bhendry:The SQL Server 2012 Developer Training Kit is not being maintained any more.  Check out the jiggy new training kit content at http://bit.ly/sql2012cookbook.

• User profile image
    bhendry

Thanks for the reply, Roger! I searched all of the technet site and wasn't able to find the PowerPivot Lab mentioned above.

All I need is the schema for the single custom table created by the sql script found in the setup project. It seems a shame to not be able to use this still relevant PowerPivot lab because of something so minor; I'm sure somebody put a lot of work into it. And, I'd love to get my hands on it! Wink

If I'm wrong and it does exist in the new location, let me know. Thanks!!

Bruce

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.