For instance, the "Install and Register For Visual Studio Achievements" says it has been unlocked every time I start Visual Studio. It does not show on the website, or in the Tools, Achievements window.
There are 3 others (Overload, Equal Oportunist and Magic Numbers) that say they've been unlocked each time I compile for the first time in a Visual Studio session. These don't show on the website or the Achievements window either.
I'm using Visual Studio 2010 on 64 bit Windows 7.
On a completely separate note, the achievements that count things seem to be ignoring the thing they are supposed to count (most of the time). For example, the organize usings achivement has not counted any of the times I've used it, the F10 achivement has counted a few times out of the probably 20 times I've used it, and the Achievements window and the website aren't even in sync on the count for that one.
I opened a 2nd instance of Visual Studio and the "Install and Register For Visual Studio Achievements" Achievement unlocked. The other 3 I was missing seem to have sorted themselves out too. It took a while, but they're fine now. Perhaps when there are multiple achievements unlocked on the same compile it's not working right?
Yeah, same thing is happening to me - except it doesn't matter how many times I restart VS or how many instances I have open.
I see the "Achievement Unlocked" notification, but that's all I get. The achievements are not reflected on the website or in the Achivements list inside VS.
Same here. Too much load?
^ I unlocked 8 Achievements 10hrs ago and none are showing as unlocked in VS or on chan9. I have rebooted since launched VS a number of times, uninstalled/ reinstalled the plug in. It makes no difference the achievements never actually get unlocked.
Same with all the developers in my office.
Same for me.. beta isn't over I guess Posting it to the masses must have crashed some underlying process?
If you are having trouble with your user name and achievements, check the registry at; HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\VSAchievements if your username is properly url decoded.
I cant even get the achivements popup to populate. My account has already been linked to my microsoft live.com account. All my stuff is linked correctly but the Achivements page doesnt even load... The loading bar just goes & goes & goes... I checked the registry & the user name isnt mine... it says Digital NOT Digital_V31. Removing the extension, removing the registry values & the app data, the install files, clearning cache & internet files along with Windows Linked credentials did nothing. I was all geeked about this & now think its a piece of Junk.
@Digital_V31: step 2: if registry value is incorrect, correct it
Same here, I only have 2 achievements unlock, and a dozen of them just keep coming on every time in VS but don't appear on the website. My usernams is Jdr, kinda hard to wrongly urlencode The two achievements that are working are related to the debugger though...
When you have a name with a special character in it (like the _ (underscore) in mine). The plugin will not set your name properly (only "Mr" in my case) which will cause the plugin not to work.
Is there any way to get the extension to work on an offline computer? Our PCs don't have a direct internet connection (only via WTS), so I'd like to know whether it is possible to get it to work at all.
Thanks in advance
After investigating a little, it seems the requests to your servers are being stopped by our proxy server authentication. Even though Visual Studio uses default proxy settings to make connections, it seems extensions don't by default.
I don't think this is difficult to add in a config file. See for example
But I don't know of a way I can enable it. Could you update the extension to use the system default proxy settings? Or recommend changes to allow this?
@Maddus Mattus: Wow.. . Insightful. Of course I changed it. It doesnt mean that the token isnt tied to the exact spelling because changing it doesnt work.
Theres no telling what the token value represents froma hash to checksum or some generated ID. What I need is for the install to work & it not be stupid, oh & for people to be captain obvious. I did get a laugh off of your comment & so for that I thank you Mattus. Thanks, but no cigar.
GOT IT!!! This fixed my problem & I hope it works for you:
reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\VSAchievements /f /v User /d NinerName_With_Underscore
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.