Site Feedback Thread

8 posts

Visual Studio Achievements getting HTTP 400 error

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    chrsmrtn

Hello,

I've recently started using the new Visual Studio Achievements extension for Visual Studio 2010.  For some reason it's no longer updating which achievements i've unlocked to my channel9 account.  I'm getting HTTP 400 as the response when VS goes to:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Niners/chrsmrtn/achievements/visualstudio/ExtensionsAchievement5

Is this feature currently under maintenance?

Regards,

Chris

• User profile image
    karstenj

Hmm -- did anything change on your end in terms of network topology, aka firewall, proxy, etc?

• User profile image
    chrsmrtn

Hmm, not that i'm aware of. Would it be possible for you to tell me what is missing from the requests and I can ask our network team if they are stripping things from requests.

• User profile image
    chrsmrtn

Okay, worked with the network team.  They didn't identify anything in their rules that would block the request.  Would it be possible for you to tell me what is missing from the requests and I can ask our network team if they are stripping things from requests?  Also, if it would be helpful, i can provide the Fiddler capture of my requests that get blocked.  I'll just need another communication channel (maybe email) to send the log to.

• User profile image
    chrsmrtn

Just a bit of extra info, I tried to switch my default browser back to Internet Explorer, but that didn't help any.  Still have the issue.

• User profile image
    chrsmrtn

Any news on this one?  If it would help i can provide a date/time when the situation occurred to help it make it easier to track down the log messages.  Just let me know, I'm readily available 8 to 5 MST Mon - Fri.

• User profile image
    chrsmrtn

I updated to the latest version of Visual Studio 2010 Achievements, and i'm still getting this error.

• User profile image
    chrsmrtn

Well, fired up Visual Studio today and noted the "hung up" achievement didn't show up.  Sure enough, checked my profile and it's there.  Just finished another achievement that I was partially through before things hung up, and it worked too.  Wanted to let you all know, it's no longer an issue.  Thanks Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.