Site Feedback Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

language localization for Windows Phone 8.1 not working?

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    johnwdev

    Hi, I'm trying to implement language localization for Windows Phone 8.1 using sample code "i.e. x:Uid" I've found elsewhere, but whenever I try to test it in the Windows Phone 8.1 emulator, it only shows English.  Only when I rename the other language resource folders to something like "test" does the other language (i.e. Spanish) show in my app when I change the Windows Phone 8.1 language.  It would be great if Bob can add another video tutorial for beginners showing how to implement this since it has apparently changed from Windows Phone 8.0.  Thanks, John

  • User profile image
    johnwdev

    Just found my solution/correction.  I forgot that I put the following code in App.xaml.cs, which was overriding whatever language I selected in the Windows Phone 8.1 emulator.

                // this sets up the Langague override for testing different languages
                Windows.Globalization.ApplicationLanguages.PrimaryLanguageOverride = "en-US";
                //Windows.Globalization.ApplicationLanguages.PrimaryLanguageOverride = "es-ES";

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.