The Sandbox Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Technitium MAC Address Changer v4

Back to Forum: The Sandbox
  • User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

Hi Guys,

I have completed coding TMACv4 and is on the brink of release. So, I wanted some inputs from you guys about the software. Its coded in VB6 (I know.NET could have been better but I don't have .NET as yet) and all the things except the List Box and common dialogs box to save file have been coded by me.

So, please check it out and post what you think.

Thanks

Shreyas Zare

Edit: Here is a link to download the setup (Size 1.97MB)

• User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

Why my ZIP file is not getting uploaded ?? Is there any restriction on size ? The file size is 1.97 MB. I have tried it thrice by now.

Shreyas Zare

• User profile image
    Animaonline

Nice Program!
    Couldnt you share the source?

P.S. If you have trouble uploading the file, make sure you are using IE. and try deleting cookies and logging in again...

• User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

Thanks for the complements. Please dont ask for the source code. The code is really simple, just try doing it yourself.

Shreyas Zare

• User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

Use manifest file in the resource to make contols more xp looking, use this page to see how Big Smile

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

SplashScreen.Spelling.Replace ("built", Build").
    AboutBox.Spelling.Replace ("built","Build").

Its cool application in VB6.

Why not move it to .NET 2.0?

• User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

RoyalSchrubber wrote:
    Use manifest file in the resource to make contols more xp looking, use this page to see how 

Thanks man for that tip. I tried it but many controls are getting distorted. As you have seen the interface, everything  is cramped inside one window. It would need some major modifications in the interface.

RoyalSchrubber wrote:

SplashScreen.Spelling.Replace ("built", Build").
    AboutBox.Spelling.Replace ("built","Build").

Its cool application in VB6.

Why not move it to .NET 2.0?

Thanks for the spell check, I really didn't notice it all these days!

I am still stuck with VB6 because of the vast code base I have written for VB6 in last 5 years. For .NET I would need a basic requirement that is to get a new machine as I still have a very old 400 MHz machine! It will be done in few months time and a new .NET version of the software will be released.

Thanks for the feedback.

Shreyas Zare

• User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

Updated. Some improvement in code done. Download to check it out.

Shreyas Zare

• User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

Updated version 4.0 C3 now online. Internal code improvements. Download here

Shreyas Zare

• User profile image
    pbsb

Don't ask about source file????\
    Big Smile
    Is not a good ideea...
    OpenBsd for example is a complex and large source..so the author give the source if u wan't//////
    I think u hide somthing in u source if u don't wan't to share...so i will nor run u setup...Indian mind...

• User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

pbsb wrote:
    Don't ask about source file????\

Is not a good ideea...
    OpenBsd for example is a complex and large source..so the author give the source if u wan't//////
    I think u hide somthing in u source if u don't wan't to share...so i will nor run u setup...Indian mind...

Thanks for your comments. I like all type of comments.

Basically, what the software is doing is just changing a registry value and using the IphlpApi.dll API calls to get all the interface related data. I think a programmer with some basic concept of calling API can write a software like this. All API calls are there in the MSDN library. What I have done here is that I made the software usable using my skills.

Secondly, I am not into open source. I believe that some applications can remain open source without trouble but not all. When I think about open source I always get one question in my mind which is never answered by any one and that question is What does the damn programmer get out of a software code give away? I had an experience where I coded an app and gave away code to a friend who needed some of it. What happened is that he re branded the entire software with the same code and didn't acknowledge my efforts into it. Since then I decided not to give away the code, instead, I tell what logic it has and ask others try to do it themselves. Even if the logic is same, the quality is always different and thats called experience.

Thanks again.

Shreyas Zare

PS: If you dont want to run my app, I wont insist either. Its finally your choice.

• User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

Updated version 4.0 C4 now online. Bug fixed. Download here

Shreyas Zare

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.