The Sandbox Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Shawn and Iben Paint 1.0.1

Back to Forum: The Sandbox
  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I created a small paint program for my nephews Shawn and Iben. You can paint using different brush sizes and colors, and clear the painting. No advanced features, no saving and loading files, just painting. Version 1.0.1: fixed some bugs, and replaced the UpDownControl with a custom control for changing the brush size.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

TabletPC/Ink support?

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

It's not a full-fledged painting application. It's just something I wrote Saturday in about an hour or two. It's for my 2 nephews (3 and 4 years old), so I just implemented the functionality THEY need. I wouldn't really trust them with a TabletPC. I've noticed they have problems with using a mouse (too big for their little hands), but they really enjoy painting with the pen of my Wacom tablet. EDIT: You have the source code, so you could add support for TabletPC yourself. Don't you love open-source Wink ?

• User profile image
    harumscarum

cool...sent this to my nephews.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I just released a small update. Some bugs were fixed, and I replaced the UpDownControl with a custom control for changing the brush size.

• User profile image
    djsg

TommyCarlier said:
    I just released a small update. Some bugs were fixed, and I replaced the UpDownControl with a custom control for changing the brush size.

cool. but how to save the drawing?

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

djsg said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

cool. but how to save the drawing?

The application was built for small children that just want to paint, so it does not contain any advanced features. You can also find another tool I created to save screenshots: Screen Capture.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.