The Sandbox Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Vista Battery Saver - need beta testers

Back to Forum: The Sandbox
  • User profile image
    tamir

I just released beta 2 version of Vista Battery Saver (what is it, why is it) and i would like you, guys, to test it and report bugs.
    Beta 1 of this soft got titles in CNet and other tech related magazines, beta 2 with bug fixes and new features is waiting for it's testers to become release. So, please, if you have Windows Vista Home Premium and up, take a look and report issues (please in Codeplex, it'll make my life easier).

Thank you in advance.

• User profile image
    Geniusdog

Ok, I downloaded it, I'm willin' to try it out, I run a Toshiba A105-S2194 with a 10.8 volt Li-Ion DC battery pack. In Vista Home Premium I usually get 1-1.5 hour battery life in Power Saver Mode, 3/4-1 hour in Balanced, and 1/2-3/4 in High Performance. Not the best life I know Perplexed. Forgive me if I'm wrong but doesn't Vista already have this feature, I.E. Balanced, High Performance, and Power Saver? Sad

• User profile image
    tamir

First of all, thank you for testing
    Second, this tool completely disables Aero and Sidebar (this can not be done via power plans). New version includes also automatic changing of powerplans, based on what we currently running, battery or AC

• User profile image
    littleguru

Nice app, nice idea Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.