The Sandbox Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Tune UAC

Back to Forum: The Sandbox
  • User profile image
    chakkaradeep

I am happy to share my application (along with the source) with you all  Smiley

Tune UAC - A small, easy application to configure the User Account Control settings in Windows Vista

Let me explain the application features one by one,

Tune UAC reads your current UAC settings and displays the results accordingly in the initial screen

Available features are,

1) Turn on/off User Account Control,

2) User Account Control behavior for Administrators,

3) User Account Control behavior for Users, and

4) Prompt for Secure Desktop

There is a Help button for each of the feature which will explain what it is and it’s options.

Below is an example,

If you are not sure whether your system has the recommended UAC settings, you can check with Tune UAC’s Check My Settings feature which would check for the same, and if not, inform the same along with which settings are causing the problem. You can allow Tune UAC to automatically fix these issues or you can change it later using Tune UAC.

Below is a screenshot,

I have hosted Tune UAC at Codeplex and released under Microsoft Reciprocal License (Ms-RL)

Feel free to test, report bugs (and also fix bugs WinkBig Smile

• User profile image
    Manabi

I cannot seem to install it.

When I try to, it says that it cannot find "c:\Users\[User]\Downloads\361941_TuneUAC-Setup\TuneUAC-Setup\TuneUAC\[file]" where the two files are in "TuneUAC-Setup".

I am running setup.exe rather than the MSI.

• User profile image
    chakkaradeep

Manabi wrote:
    I cannot seem to install it.

When I try to, it says that it cannot find "c:\Users\[User]\Downloads\361941_TuneUAC-Setup\TuneUAC-Setup\TuneUAC\[file]" where the two files are in "TuneUAC-Setup".

I am running setup.exe rather than the MSI.

Can you please check whether executing the MSI installs Tune UAC ?

Thanks,

Regards,
    Chakkaradeep
    http://chakkaradeep.wordpress.com

• User profile image
    Animaonline

Good work!

• User profile image
    muratbiskin

Nice work

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.