The Sandbox Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Impersonating the Mouse with a Wiimote

Back to Forum: The Sandbox
  • Code4Fun

Once upon a time ... Nintendo, a game maker, innovates the world game experiences with a totally new concept: get physical (as to prevent you from getting ‘finger/thumb-RSI’). This striking new phenomenon is the nowadays well known Wii game, played with its remote objects, the Wii Remote (a.k.a Wiimote) and its companion, the Nunchuk.

As time goes by, clever people discover other possibilities for, in this case, the Wiimote. With some dedicated software you can turn it into a PC device, impersonating the standard mouse.

• YodaWL

Avre,
    Click 'Download' on C4F article main page > click 'Save' button in next window.

• Minh

Bitchin'
    I have been waiting for this Smiley

• avre

It's an excellent project, but where's the code?, I think the Download link in http://blogs.msdn.com/coding4fun/archive/2008/01/04/6984678.aspx is broken.

• jv17

Minh said:
    Bitchin'
    I have been waiting for this Smiley
    me too..I really need this one..

PR

• chance.​fulton

I ported this (small task) to use the latest version of WiimoteLib if anyone cares. I have the source if anyone is interested. I needed this in order to get connected to the Wiimote, I have no idea why, but it must have had something to do with the older version of the library.

I really don't have anywhere good to host this so if anyone is interested, let me know.

• Masure

chance.fulton said:
    I ported this (small task) to use the latest version of WiimoteLib if anyone cares. I have the source if anyone is interested. I needed this in order to get connected to the Wiimote, I have no idea why, but it must have had something to do with the older version of the library.

I really don't have anywhere good to host this so if anyone is interested, let me know.
    I'm interested in your source for the latest library compatibility.

• Jabrkr

chance.fulton said:

I too am interested. Thanks

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.