The Sandbox Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

It Was This Big Dotnet

Back to Forum: The Sandbox
  • User profile image
    DCMonkey

This is a very simplistic clone of the Dimensions feature of xScope, as discussed in this Coffeehouse thread: http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=395081

Plenty of things could be done better. I may even get to them.

It's a Visual Studio 2008 project in C# using WinForms.

BSD License (AKA do what thou wilt).

Enjoy.

Update: New version. Simplified the UI. Now you just run it and move the mouse for a live measurement. Click to copy measurement to clipboard and exit. I still need to do something about the opacity hack. And a few other things.

You can download it from my SkyDrive.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Haha - awesome!

• User profile image
    zian

Looks pretty good.

I've tweaked it in the following ways:
    1. Changed the name to "It Was This Big .NET"
    2. Set up an installer project for it that also puts a shortcut to the program in the user's Start menu (and not buried under a knee-deep menu hierarchy).
    3. Plopped in a license form with a near-verbatim copy of the BSD license. I took out the bullet point regarding your "organization" because you're working solo.

Note that if anyone works on this, they should change the version number so that the setup program can prompt the user to get rid of the old copy before installing the new version.

Current version of It Was This Big .NET: 1.0.0.1
    Current version of Setup: 1.0.0

You can download it from my SkyDrive. Wink

Also, since I went to the trouble of sticking in the BSD license, I hereby hand over my copyright to the code to DCMonkey. Sue him. Not me. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

nice, you are the man! Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.