- What is Galaxies?
It is a simulation software, which contains Newton galaxies in 3D space. It calculates the movement of the galaxies by the Newton's gravity law.
- Methods to move:
There are two methods to move: 1) rotating 2) flying. Right click switches between the two methods. The current method can bee seen on the upper leftcorner of the screen, next to the fps value.
- Rotating means that you are rotating around centre of something. The default center when you start the program is the centre of the masses.
- Flying means that you can fly freely to any location in space, you are not connected to anything.
- If you switch from flying mode to rotating, the program chooses the closest object to rotate around that object. You can choose galaxies or even individual stars. If the program can't choose, the default centre of the masses will be the center of the rotation.
- You can pause the time (the whole universe in this program except you) by pressing the space bar, so you can easily choose objects. Pressing the space bar again restarts the time.
- You can cycle the galaxies as the center of the rotation, just simply press 'G' on your keyboard.
- Move the mouse changes your direction in the space.
- Scroll the wheel on your mouse to go forward or backward.
- Clicking with the wheel (middle click) stops your move.
- There are 3 presets, simply press '1', '2', '3' on your keyboard.
- It's written with Managed DirectX API, so the requirements are:
1) DirectX9.0c and a compatible 3d card
2) .Net runtime 1.1
3) Managed DirectX runtime
If you like this software drop me a line.