The Sandbox Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

PDC05 Interact for Outlook 2003

Back to Forum: The Sandbox
  • PJausovec

What is PDC05 Interact for Outlook 2003:

It's an Outlook 2003 addin which incorporates blogs, posts, comments, podcasts, meetings etc. It helps users to stay in conntact and to Interact with eachother.

What can I do with it:

- Explore the blog categories
    - Publish posts to PDC05 Interact blog
    - Listen to the podcasts other user posted            - Create and publish a podcast yourself
    - Find out who is using PDC05 Interact - see where they are with MSN Virtual Earth BETA
    - Schedule a meeting or perhaps organize a geek dinner with PDC05 Interact users
    - Update your profile in My Account and set your exact location with MSN Virtual Earth BETA
    - SSK Feedback form in My Account form
    - Integrated error reports

Don't forget to register for a Premium Edition:
    - User searching
    - Comment on posts
    - RSS 2.0 XML generator for podcasts           
    - Uploading and downloading podcast files
    - Admin area which gives you full control over Interact system

SIMPLY INTERACT! Wink

---

Here is my entry - it was done with VS2005 and VSTO support for Outlook 2003 and SSK (settings are default).

If you install the addin and the toolbar and/or folders doesn't show up, check if you have installed the following:

Outlook 2003
    The Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0
    Outlook 2003 Service Pack 1
    Outlook 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies
    The Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office runtime

(How to Install VS tools for Office runtime:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/ms178739(en-us,vs.80).aspx">http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/ms178739(en-us,vs.80).aspx)

Looking forward to any comments.

• PJausovec

Since I forgot to add a screenshot to ZIP file - here are some screenshots.

• priapo

Hmm, it seems to be interesting, at least for the USA Perplexed

• j0hnB

I've got all that's needed downloaded and installed but it looks like to me that you've got a link wrong perhaps

The Outlook 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies link is the same as the Visual Studio Tools link ..if I'm wrong then I don't have it running for some reason

is it a must that you have office 2003 sp1? .. I installed sp2 yesterday
    I can't wait to check this out!

Thanks
    j0hnB

<edit>I found and installed the Outlook PIA's but it's still not working..is there any configuration in Outlook I missed?</edit>

• PJausovec

Make sure you have SSK installed - also, check the disabled items in Outlook (Help->About->Disabled Items) and COM Add-ins dialog (Tools->Options->Advanced->COM Addins).

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.