TechEd Europe Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

BREAKING - TechEd Europe will be held October 27-31, 2014 in Barcelona, Spain

Back to Forum: TechEd Europe
  • User profile image
    Fredrik​Nilsson

We are excited to announce that TechEd Europe will be held October 27-31, 2014 in Barcelona, Spain

• User profile image
    dirkT85s

Will that be in the Montjuïc or the Gran Via venue of the Fira Barcelona?

• User profile image
    frang

That's good news !

• User profile image
    PadrePedro

@dirkT85s: Fire Barcelona.

• User profile image
    PadrePedro

@dirkT85s: Oops, I meant Fira Barcelona :)

• User profile image
    dirkT85s

@PadrePedro:Fira Barcelona has two different venues: Montjuïc or the Gran Via 

Which one will be used for TechEd? I presume that it will be Gran Via (like long time ago) but I want to make sure so that I can book an nearby hotel.

• User profile image
    Fredrik​Nilsson

I suppose the location will soon be reviled. 😎

• User profile image
    Fredrik​Nilsson

@dirkT85s:I think you are on to something. I checked the trade show calendar of Fira Barcelona  and it says that in Montjuïc there is a booking for BMP 29 Oct - 02 Nov 2014. and the Hostelco booking in Gran Via is 20 Oct - 23 Oct and nothing more. So there is room for TEE14 :)
    That will make the build of the conference area 24-25 Oct with pre-con on the 26:th

Any tips on nice hotels :)

• User profile image
    pjbryant

Well, the photo is of the main Fira by Plaça d'Espanya, but the conference has only been in held in Fira 2 (or Montjuic Dos as it was then) - although all the coach transport went from the main Fira; more recently it was held at the other end of town at the CCIB

Montjuic has 2 events on that week so it looks like main Fira to me.

Hotel tips - I'd only let on once I booked mine :D  However I have in the past booked direct as it was cheaper (and still could be cancelled at no cost) than going through TEE site.  Hopefully that'll not be the case this year.

• User profile image
    DBegley

The event will be held at Fira Barcelona in the location where we held TechEd Europe 2001. The convention center has been updated since the event in 2001. Details will be posted to the TechEd Europe website and sent to TechEd Europe newsletter subscribers later. Additionally, watch for registration to open in the spring of 2014.

• User profile image
    Fredrik​Nilsson

😎 awesome news

• User profile image
    Bart​Surminski

So it _is_ Montjuic?

Cant find where the 2001 conference was.

• User profile image
    Niharika

is this valid news.?????

• User profile image
    Fredrik​Nilsson

@Niharika:Yes, the exact location in Fira Barcelona is still speculations until the TechEd team releases information.

27-31 October / Fira Barcelona
    Barcelona, Spain

You can read more about the information provided at official website for TechEd Europe and subscribe to the news letter

• User profile image
    eastrader

Until Companies like Microsoft put up a sign, to cities like Barcelona, that says "We will come to your city once you clean up your crime in the streets." they see no reason to do anything about being the number 1 city in the world for pick pockets, and theft of visitor's personal items.  Yes its a great city but they have no interest in cleaning up the crime there.

• User profile image
    Fredrik​Nilsson

I assume that pick pockets an thieves are available in every city in the world. We have a fair share of them in Stockholm as well. I don't think its Microsoft or any other company's job to sort out social issues like that. The government and local politicians should work on that, and if they need some technical help and tools to organize such things. TechEd is the place for them to go.

As with any larger conference it is always wise to take good care about such things, try to leave the conference bag in the hotel of you want to explore the city.
    Don't roam around late at night by your self. In crowds keep you valuables in a secure location. Note the number to cancel your credit cards.
    there are websites with good advice for travelers. I do not believe that Barcelona is different from any other larger city in the world.

• User profile image
    mrjamie

Turns out the dates are during the school holiday for the UK, - October half term!

• User profile image
    DBegley

@dirkT85s: TechEd Europe 2014 will take place at the Gran Via venue of Fira Barcelona.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.