TechEd Europe Thread

51 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Teched Europe 2014

Back to Forum: TechEd Europe
  • User profile image
    karelvdh

I can't believe the convention center is not booked with firm confirmation by now. So please, a date and a location asap. All the rest can follow later.

• User profile image
    Rickatron

At this point, I'd say it's not going to happen in 2014. It's not like this precedent hasn't been set before (there was no TEE 2011). It it's a major event that's going to happen, less than 8 months notice won't work.

• User profile image
    Hayden​PHussey

Agree with @Rickatron, It is now very late to be announcing even a date for TechEd Europe, unless we are moving back to November 2014.

Shame as I enjoyed the Europe one more than the US ones, but there they had a big poster saving the date and city before the left NOLA, in Madrid nothing.....

• User profile image
    TomFloor

I was thinking the same, we're halfway through december, it's a bit late to announce something like TEEU 2014. Kinda sad to hear MMS is cancelled for next year, and now this.

• User profile image
    dugi

So, do we have the info for the next TechEd EU 2014 - when and where!?

• User profile image
    karelvdh

If Build sets an example, we can expect conference announcements as late as only four months before the conference date. That's difficult for company planning, securing training budgets, early airline and hotel booking... Or, we must start to get prepared for the fact that TechEd Europe is not going to happen in 2014? Or is rescheduled to the Fall season?

• User profile image
    Marco_S

Microsoft does not care about what would be nice for other people. They only think about there own bottom line and the negotiating with conference centres. We have been discussing our desires for an announcement for months now, here, on twitter and facebook, and nobody from Microsoft had the decency to give us an update or a date when we could expect some news. I don't expect any announcement regarding Teched Europe 2014 before Easter. They just don't care!!!

• User profile image
    Rickatron

@Marco_S it is not that Microsoft doesn't care, it is just that everything isn't in place yet to make this happen.

These events are a bear to put on, and honestly, not very profitable. Further complicating things is the European inventory of venues, it's getting tough to find adequate venues that make all of the logistics right. That being said, Maybe an October/November event; but likely not happening...

• User profile image
    Marco_S

@Rickatron, I appreciate the effort that goes in in organising such a big event as TechEd. I am a big fan of TechEd and I can't wait for the next one. However I don't believe for one bit that Microsoft cares.

Teched Europe is Microsoft primer IT-conference. Many people look forward to that. Some people have to make decision because they want to include TechEd in their personal plans. In different channels there have been requests for more information. There are rumours of no TechEd at all, while the early bird for the US is running out, an alternative for Teched Europe. TechEd NZ and TechEd US were announced far far ahead. Why are they so good that they can announce it far far aheard and Teched Europe can only shine in silence?

On this page alone there has been a consistence request for more information, including from yourself. The only reaction there is: "apply for the newsletter". I did and no news so far. There is more news than only a go ahead confirmation. If Microsoft cares they would come with an update, well us what is going on. If summer 2014 is out of the question and they are looking at the fall of 2014, tell us. So we can anticipate. If TechEd Europe 2014 is uncertain, tell us, so I can bet on another horse. If you really care about your clients, your react on this consistence request for more information.

But what do I know, I am just a simple programmer. I am not important for Microsoft bottom line!

• User profile image
    Flemming​Frandsen

Am i the only one still waiting for the newsletter we where encouraged to sign up for ? (i'm glad i didn't hold my breath..)

• User profile image
    ToniS

Last year the news letter has arrived at 5th of February, which to my mind is really late -- there might have been extra budget this year to spend on this, but of course that's too late now. For US version that's of course possible since they announce it several months earlier (even calculated from the start of the event). Only information that they give is "Subscribe to the newsletter" -- to my mind there's a lot of room for improvement in the communication.

• User profile image
    mrjamie

So...according to Redmond magazine TechEd Europe is in October this year and may well be the last ever. Sad times.

• User profile image
    karelvdh

@mrjamie:This is interesting news. Could you elaborate on who said this. Was it a Microsoft showrunner claiming this? Or was it a comment from a Redmond Mag editor? Or a rumor picked up by someone? Al teast this would indicate that perhaps a 2014 edition will take place after all...

• User profile image
    karelvdh

@DBegley: Will the TechEd Europe newsletter confirm the Redmond Magazine scoop in the near future?

• User profile image
    alschneiter

@mrjamie:can you please post the link?

• User profile image
    mrjamie

Hello

Sorry, I meant ZDNet (same author though...)
    I got the link from an article written by Mary Jo Foley here: http://redmondmag.com/articles/2013/11/01/whither-the-microsoft-it-pro.aspx - which used to link to this page

http://www.zdnet.com/whats-on-microsofts-conference-calendar-for-2014-7000024767/

I quote:

"TechEd Europe 2014
    October (dates and location not yet public)
    http://europe.msteched.com/

There had been some speculation Microsoft might drop TechEd Europe this year. But thanks to info unearthed by one of my contacts, it sounds like the show will go on (at least this year)."

• User profile image
    Fredrik​Nilsson

What I hear is that the decision for where TechEd Europe will be and when is not yet settled. So at the moment there is no info from the organizers to share. I love all the aspects of TechEd and doesn't mind if it turns out to be held in the autumn or winter time. The content will still be great :)
    If I could I would attend both :)

• User profile image
    karelvdh

Some years ago, TechEd North-America had a spring-time frame and TechEd Europe (at that period of time the show did run as IT Forum for some years) had a fall-time frame. And one of my colleagues did attend both one year. I do agree with FredrikNilsson that TechEd is a great conference and that the content never disappointed us.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.