TechEd Europe Thread

80 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

We are excited to provide TechEd Europe 2013 attendees a special offer on Surface.

Back to Forum: TechEd Europe
  • User profile image
    PetrovSerega

Hi all! I have Invalid promo error in US story. 

Did anybody have solved this problem?

• User profile image
    Davefl

and now error 30225.... Barclaycard in the UK say transation blocked for fraud check. Please call back in the morning when we can be bothered to answer the phone.

• User profile image
    JacoOskam

I ordered my Surfaces Tuesday and this evening I received a mail that they were shipped. I tracked the UPS code and found out the Surfaces were already in The Netherlands (where I live). I took a further look and the Surfaces were shipped from The Netherlands. Good for me Big Smile

• User profile image
    buberlo

Ordered on tuesday morning.. Still dient get a shipping confirmation.. Sad live in Germany.. Any infos?

• User profile image
    IanCrawford

Ordered on Monday night and delivered yesterday in the UK - great service. Angel

• User profile image
    mmcelderry

Can we do two separate orders with our promo codes on the card? One for the RT and one for the Pro?

• User profile image
    DBegley

Attendees from the following countries will be able to take advantage of the Surface discount offer later this year.  Microsoft will contact these attendees to let them know when the offer is live for their market.

• Bulgaria
    • Cyprus
    • Czech Republic
    • Estonia
    • Greece
    • Hungary
    • Iceland
    • Latvia
    • Liechtenstein
    • Lithuania
    • Luxembourg
    • Malta
    • Poland
    • Romania
    • Slovakia
    • Slovenia
  • User profile image
    Davefl

If anyone is interested why so many cards got blocked for fraud checks it's because the MS store does a pre-auth for £1 at the 1st stage of the transaction and then when you finally click submit it asks for the full amount.

This is stupid. It's a common trick by card thieves/cloners to see if the card is still valid and immediately flags the transaction as suspicious. I got both of card blocked this way last night.

• User profile image
    PetrovSerega

@DBegley: That's good, but what about Russia?

• User profile image
    DBegley

@PetrovSerega: We currently do not have an official plan for Russia, but we will email you if one comes up.

• User profile image
    Marco_S

I ordered by Surfaces Thursday night without getting a confirmation on the screen or in my mailbox. They say that my order is in the system, however they can not give me a confirmation or process the order. Twice I have been promised a confirmation within two hours. I have been talking to Microsoft already the whole day. I can not or will not tell me what is going on.

I like the offer, I like Surface Pro and Surface RT. I will not use Microsoft Store again!!!

• User profile image
    vodicka

@DBegley: Hi, is it sure, that Microsoft will sell surfaces in this countries ( my is Czech Republic)? What, if not ? The expectation is this year ?

Lot of my collegues cannot decide, wheteher to wait and risk, that Microsoft may change his plans, or try someone voluntary abroad.

Thank you. Michal

• User profile image
    isaacsant

@Marco‚ÄčSchermers: I don't know if my message will provide any assistance, though I waited a whole day for my confirmation email as well.. finally I thought of checking my SPAM folder and it was there. Check that folder out.. I hope you get the matter resolved Smiley

• User profile image
    DBegley

@vodicka: Yes.  Attendees from the countries listed will be able to take advantage of the Surface discount offer later this year. 

• User profile image
    claus16

At ups tracking it,looks like something is wrong The commercial invoice is missing and is required for export. Both of my colleagues have the same tracking status. Delivery for Oslo Norway. Any suggestion on what to do?

• User profile image
    Marco_S

@isaacsant:It is not the SPAM folder, I have checked.

I did not get a order confirmation on my screen. My order was not even in my order history. Even the sales guys at TechEd, thought it was strange. I have made many calls to my country Microsoft Store. Every time they didn't know what happened, but promised that the problem would be solved in two hours or I will get more information in two hours. Nobody can tell me what the problem is or how to fixed. It has cost me a lot of time and still they sent me away with empty promises.

I think they just screwed up and don't have the guts to tell me. I don't trust the Microsoft Store anymore.

Update: While I was typing this comment. My order was connected with my account and my order is showing in my order history. And yes, now, I did an email that entered my spam folder. Things that should have happened 24 hours ago.

• User profile image
    Amit_Bansal

Hi DBegley,

Please let us know, if offer can be extended to India as well.

We attended teched Europe 2013 in Madrid but could not avail Surface offer as India is not listed in country list.

-Amit

• User profile image
    auhorn

I am located in Germany and would like to switch my black German touch cover to an US / English one. Somebody interested? 

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.