TechEd North America Thread

50 posts

Announcing the TechEd 2013 Content Catalog!

Back to Forum: TechEd North America
  • User profile image
    DBegley

Find topics that interest you in the TechEd Content Catalog. The Content Catalog contains a searchable listing of all of the sessions and labs that will be presented at TechEd.  There are various types of sessions designed to optimize your learning experience.  Create a customized list of sessions and labs through a keyword search, or use the pre-populated filters to quickly find particular sessions by   product or technology, speaker name, track, and more.

Check it out at http://northamerica.msteched.com/Content and let us your favorites!

• User profile image
    DaveVernon

Hi,

Looks like adding to the calendar is just an ics file.  Does that mean Microsoft isn't using it to plan capacity this year?

/edit/

HA!  My bad.  Totally missed the * +My Schedule under the session name.

• User profile image
    DaveVernon

Actually.. the first two I've downloaded appear to have the date / time wrong?

ATC-B302 has the description as June 3, 2013 from 4:00PM to 5:15PM, but the ICS has it on June 26th at 4.30am.  (Teched Europe dates probably?)

edit...

yup:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    X-ORIGINAL-URL:/Events/TechEd/Europe/2013/ATC-B302
    VERSION:2.0
    METHOD:PUBLISH

• User profile image
    MikeRigsby

Currently I'm not able to add anything to My Calendar. Selecting works, occasionally, errors occasionally, but when the Star does work it still isn't showing in My Calendar.

• User profile image
    Harjit

It's glitchy. Slow to load, selections not saving, etc etc. Wish it was tested more thoroughly before launch.

• User profile image
    DBegley

It is a known issue. We are working on it.

• User profile image
    MikeRigsby

Murphy's Law of IT @DBegley. You'll definitely deserve a beer once today is over. Smiley

• User profile image
    adazlian

Yeah I can't seem to find any links to add this to my schedule at all, and the search completely lacks a time function that I can see... last years UI was much nicer =/

• User profile image
    DBegley

@MikeRigsby Definitely! A few other people will too! We will get it sorted. The good news is we have a lot of great content that we will deliver to you!

• User profile image
    adnorton

Speed seems ok with me. Only problem I have so far is the times being wrong on the ICS files.

• User profile image
    jb1677

Is this simply for planning purposes or will you actually be reserving slots for people in sessions meaning you can only enter if registere for that session?

• User profile image
    adnorton

All sessions are first come first serve. The catalog and schedule builder are for planning purposes. It is a good idea to plan 2 or more sessions per slot in case one room gets too full.

• User profile image
    bweissman

has the "+My Schedule" disappeared?! I can't see it (or any link to my schedule at all)

ics download works (but with wrong timings as mentioned by others...)

• User profile image
    Vecna

Excellent to see what there is to look forward to from my favorite presenters!!  For me this is the great value of this offering.  I'm sure the times and locations will change in the next couple of months.  Thanks!

• User profile image
    bhilton

is there no way to sort by session time on particular days? 

• User profile image
    PeterMaria

I'm using the Schedule Builder, but when I click Expand+ link next to the Session times, I get the busy indicator then nothing appears, the Expand+ text simply changes to Collapse-.  Is this working for anyone else, or is it just me?

• User profile image
    jmandelberg​er

There are also not room numbers yet, so the ability to add these things directly to an outlook calendar is really not very useful. Is there going to be an actual "Add to schedule" piece added to this so we can download the whole thing in one shot a few days before the start of TechEd? 

• User profile image
    MikeRigsby

I don't even get the Schedule Builder option when I log in so they're definitely still working on the issues.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.