TechEd North America Thread

50 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Announcing the TechEd 2013 Content Catalog!

Back to Forum: TechEd North America
  • User profile image
    gregmiller9

Looks like they have taken the download to schedule parts off right now.  I can only look at the content not add it to my calendar.

• User profile image
    walterh

When I first checked it out I saw the schedule tab, now it is gone. Hopefully they work out the issues soon. Also, would like to have the ability to filter by time as well as day.   

• User profile image
    KenIngram

When I tried to filter on 2 things (Track and Day), the first page is correct but if I go to page 2, then the Day filter goes away and I get all days.

• User profile image
    Christopher​Rivers

I am assuming that someone will let us know when the Schedule Builder problems have been corrected...

• User profile image
    Jarred​Capellman

, adnorton wrote

All sessions are first come first serve. The catalog and schedule builder are for planning purposes. It is a good idea to plan 2 or more sessions per slot in case one room gets too full.

Definitely agree, missed out on a session last year because I only allowed 15 minutes between one of the more popular sessions.

• User profile image
    MikeRigsby

What's a good 'rule of thumb' for session scheduling. I know double-booking is good in case of wanting to switch, or over crowding, etc. but what about beyond that?

Like from 2:15pm-3:30pm on Monday there's probably 6-8 sessions that sound interesting. Should I add them all or try to keep narrowed down to just 2-3?

• User profile image
    adnorton

I would add all the ones you are interested in because some speakers may be better than others. It also gives you a list of sessions you can download and view after the conference has ended.

• User profile image
    RicksterCDN

As you've all seen - things are going strong for the Schedule Builder now.  We are covering ALL THINGS schedule building in the next countdown show going live soon.

We cover an IMPORTANT POINT in the show regarding schedule Building ahead of time.  Get your schedules buit and keep it in "MySchedule" as soon as you can. Why? We use it for planning Room Allocation!!! Nothing helps us out more for ensuring the right sessions are in the right sized rooms.

have fun with scheduling!

• User profile image
    DBegley

Thanks for the fast response of the very active TechEd community and the dev team, the schedule builder is up and running. http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013?sort=schedule Comment if you are having any additional issues. Thanks everyone for earlier comments and yes, all sessions are first come first serve.

• User profile image
    bhilton

the session times appear different than the TechEd agenda times?

• User profile image
    RallyJoe

I don't see any BOF sessions listed, are these going to be added at a later time?

• User profile image
    MikeRigsby

Is there a way to priotitize the multi-booked sessions in Schedule Builder?

Similar to the stars for Popularity but so we could organize an order of desired attendance of the sessions we double/triple/quadruple book. Such as having four sessions that are at the same time I could allocate 1-4 stars to order which ones I want to try to attend with higher priority.

This would allow attendees to have the benefit of multiple booking and still allow you guys to have useful room size allocation information.

• User profile image
    Scottee25

@bhilton:I saw that too. For instance, I am booked for a pre-conference seminar on Sunday. The TechEd Agenda says the pre-conference seminars are from 9AM-5PM but in the schedule, the session appears as being from 10AM-6PM. Which one is correct?

• User profile image
    adnorton

In my case I thought it was just a time zone issue.

• User profile image
    MKoosa

@MikeRigsby I agree with you.  

Personally, I would love to see the following changes:

1) Ranking Sessions per time slot

2) Ability to add notes per session

• User profile image
    DBegley

@RallyJoe Re:Birds of a Feather (BOF) –75 minutes sessions. Discussions on timely, technology-based topics suggested, selected, and moderated by your peers. Recorded and available on-demand on Channel 9.

@Scottee25 Re: Pre-Conference Seminars (PRC) –Day-long seminars that provide a comprehensive overview of a new or popular technology delivered by leading industry experts. Additional registration fee required. Not recorded.

• User profile image
    Scottee25

@DBegley:I am aware of the pre-conference seminar as I am currently booked for one. However, my question has to do with the time in which they are held. The agenda says 9AM-5PM but the session in the schedule says 10AM-6PM. I want to make sure I am showing up at the correct time. Thank you!

• User profile image
    DBegley

@Scottee25 Got it. Will send to the content team and find out what the scoop is!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.