TechEd North America Thread

22 posts

Any guesses on location for Tech Ed 2014?

Back to Forum: TechEd North America
  • User profile image
    OhioTom

I look forward to attending TechEd every year - lots of good sessions!

Always interested in where the next years will be.

This is my 20th!  I missed the first one in Orlando, but have been to every one since.

Orlando wins for hosting the most - 7 (93, 97, 00, 05, 07, 08, 12)

New Orleans is second at 6 (94, 95, 98, 02, 10, 13)

LA - twice (96, 09)

Dallas - twice (99, 03)

Atlanta - twice (01, 11)

San Diego - 04

Boston - 06

Interesting to see how it has changed over the years - anyone remember the first couple years where you got the "Telephone books" with the PowerPoint's from ALL the sessions printed out!

A variety of bag styles over the years.

It was interesting to walk by the "museum" at the 20th anniversary last year - looked a lot like my closet with all the old bags and conference t shirts - LOL.

IMO one of the best additions was the hands on labs area.

Quality of food varies - but I believe that is more on the hosting facility.

One thing is always constant - lots of walking!

• User profile image
    worldramp

Hopefully it is back in Orlando... I live right up the road from the Orange County Convention Center.. Also... the party at Universal is always good.

• User profile image
    KevinMet

I am really hoping for Orlando or San Diego!

• User profile image
    TechEdBobby

Boston was a great year!!

• User profile image
    bhilton

Orlando is the best... so much to do around the area as well

• User profile image
    mfifer

@OhioTom -- 20 years!  Wow!  I felt badass at 10!   <Garth>"I'm not worthy"</Garth>  Wink

I'd love to see San Diego or Dallas return.  I'd really like to see something northwest -- not necessarily Seattle but somewhere out there.  Also, is Toronto or Montreal an option?  They are both North America!  Big Smile

-=- mf

• User profile image
    Vecna

I'm guessing a return to the west coast for next year, which would be either San Diego or LAX. 

• User profile image
    adnorton

My guess would be a west coast experience as well. Although VMworld has SF for the next 4 years.

• User profile image
    Burrito

Seattle, closing party on Microsoft campus... it would be like Caddy day at the pool Smiley

• User profile image
    DBegley

@OhioTom , @worldramp, @KevinMet, @TechEdBobby, @bhilton, @mfifer, @Vecna, @adnorton, and @Burrito the location of TechEd North America 2014 will be found on the back cover of the conference guide. If you are attending a PreCon on Sunday, June 2, you can get your conference guide at registration at 7 AM and let everyone know where the event will be held next year.  General registration opens at 9 AM on Sunday, June 2.

• User profile image
    groetman

@DBegley. I work for the company that printed the conference guide so I know that the 2014 TechEd will be in February in Fargo ND. Sorry to spoil the surprise.

• User profile image
    PeterMaria

, groetman wrote

@DBegley. I work for the company that printed the conference guide so I know that the 2014 TechEd will be in February in Fargo ND. Sorry to spoil the surprise.

Show special on MS wood chippers?

• User profile image
    Robert​Klujeff

Great with new places to go, looking forward to it. For my part, I hate "plastic-places" like Orlando, it's terrible. What about San Francisco, is it only Sun that are allowed to make conferences in that great city?

• User profile image
    adnorton

Just a guess but I will say June 9th in Orlando. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    panthrpride

i am going to offer Microsoft to have it at my house. they might give me a discount. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    JSDecarie

May 12-15, 2014

Houston, Texas !

• User profile image
    delsolsf

How about Chicago, Denver, NYC, or Washington DC?

• User profile image
    lkstruck

How about anywhere that isn't stiflingly hot/humid in June.   Vancouver, Seattle or NYC would all make for amazing TechEd locations.   

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.