TechEd North America Thread

8 posts

Any information on Speaker Idol 2014 yet?

Back to Forum: TechEd North America
  • User profile image
    asyrewicze

I've been checking the forums and the MSTechEd site. Haven't seen any info released yet. Don't see any blocks for it on the agenda or in the content catalog. 

Was planning on giving it a go.. =P

Was just curious if anyone has seen anything?

• User profile image
    DBegley

@asyrewicze:  Speaker Idol contestants are invited from those who have never spoken at TechEd before and they submitted breakout session proposals to TechEd North America 2014 but were declined.

Don't forget to stop by the Digital Wall each day at 12:30pm to watch Speaker Idol.

• User profile image
    asyrewicze

Ahh..  ok that makes sense. Guess I always assumed ideas were presented onsite at the start of the week, and any of those chosen, would then present for speaker idol.

Now I feel silly =D.

Will keep that in mind for TechEd 2015!

Thanks for the reply!

• User profile image
    Energized​Tech_MVP

Also apparently singing talent or lack thereof is also neither a Qualified nor DisQualifier ;)

• User profile image
    Harjit

I was going to volunteer but I guess not huh.  :)

• User profile image
    BertWolters

Too bad... This answers my question in another thread... Was hoping to give it a go... Oh well, just have to visit the sessions from "Mark and Mark" and learn from them.

• User profile image
    Microspecia​list

Bert - You can hang with me and see how its organized and I'll introduce you to them. I'm entered this year (again :} ) They sometimes do however have a wildcard place open so if someone else can't make it ... you could wing a spot ...and a few times the wildcard guy happened to win ...so you never know.

• User profile image
    BertWolters

Awesome Adnan, I'll look you up at the Krewe party on Sunday evening, then we'll have to sync schedules and stuff... :)

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.