TechEd North America Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Check out this TechEd North America 2013 video from New Orleans: The who, what, why and The Krewe

Back to Forum: TechEd North America
  • User profile image
    DBegley

There are countless reasons to attend Tech Ed- but don't take it from me. Hear what alumni attendees, first-time attendees and countless others have to say about why attending this event is so important.

Plus, if you don't already know- there is a really great community called The Krewe who take the Tech Ed experience and make it into a year round IT support group with a website, meet-ups and lots of networking. Check it out!

http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/TechEd/Tech-Ed-New-Orleans-The-who-what-why-and-The-Krewe

• User profile image
    Vecna

Really nicely done, makes me miss New Orleans, and the perfect thing to share when the announcement goes out for Tech-Ed 2014! 

• User profile image
    Jedicary

Nice Job!!  Video was done really well.  Once agin, I'd like to thank all that was involved in the planning.  This event was organized and very enjoyable!!  Thank you again!!!!

• User profile image
    TechPorVida

LOVED TECH ED! 

My first time attending and it was an eye opener.  I'll never miss one again even if I pay out of my own pocket.  I paid hotel and travel, my company covered the fee. 

The Microsoft speakers and floor crew leaders - I'm in love.  Thank you for being so available, so willing to share and teach and ..well... you guys are all wonderful.  Love you to pieces!  No body better talk smack about any of you around me!

The bus drivers and the redshirt at my hotel (FourPoints Sheraton) were nothing short of wonderful and helpful. 

The opportunity to do something for the Katrina victims was great and I hope we get these opportunities to help wherever TechEd America takes place. 

It's a lot like trying to sip from a firehose but thankful for the recorded sessions.  Great for reiew and watchinh sessions  you couldn't get to.  I found a lot of answers talking to other attendees.

RECORDED SESSIONS REQUEST:

Not all the sessions have media available.  Any plans to plug the holes or maybe some direction on requesting particualr ones?

THE NOT SO GREAT...

The redshirts at the center - no clue where anything was, primarily clustered and talked and played on their phones or flat out misdirected.  The ones outside managing busses were clueless.  Nary a service or people skill in sight.  The help desk in the lobby - more clueless than a first timer. 

The snacks between session - I was told by TechEd alumni that I could expect a huge array of goodies.  Not so.  There was popcorn (in one area) pretzel mix and fresh fruit.  Drink refrigerators but the drinks weren't being stocked quickly enough so most of the time you ended up with lukewarm.  The food was OK, mostly fired, sauced or creamed, which is OK but maybe a choice of something grilled or a steamed vegetable.  There was a rockin' pastry chef back in the kitchen, had to be. 

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.