TechEd North America Thread

14 posts

Hotel list for TechEd 2014

Back to Forum: TechEd North America
  • User profile image
    smaslin

Can someone provide a list of the hotels that will have transportation to the convention center during TechEd 2014?  I don't need pricing for the rooms, which I'm sure aren't available yet, but I want to see what local hotels will have transportation available.

• User profile image
    PaulB6022

All TechEd hotels will have shuttle busses going to & from the Convention Center

• User profile image
    smaslin

I realize that, but what hotels are going to be TechEd hotels?  For example, the closest Marriott is 5 miles away.  Is that going to be a TechEd hotel?  Not only that I need to put together a travel request that includes costs.  Even if getting the hotel room is going to be more than going through TechEd registration, I need to have all the ducks in a row before registration, otherwise I may not get the hotel I want.

• User profile image
    TonySwe

I'm certain that more information on the specifics will be made available once the pre-sale goes live... that means November 5th. Chill man! Smiley 

• User profile image
    PaulB6022

Seriously Smiley No one is going to know anything until 11/5 anyway. Hotels usually don't sell out that fast so I wouldn't worry

• User profile image
    Vecna

Smaslin, if I were you I wold take the ten largest hotels closest to the convention center and ring them up.  Ask them "What will your Tech-Ed rate be?", explaining you need it for budget planning.  Odds are, if they're on the conference list they'll tell you.  If they don't have a conference rate or say they have no special rates, you know they're not.

Another way, which I have used in the past, is to call up and say "I understand you're a conference hotel for Tech-Ed.  Does your conference rrate include free wifi?" and see if they deny they are a conference hotel.

I'm sure there are other ways, but those are the first two that come to mind.  Let us know what you find out.

• User profile image
    DBegley

I can confirm you will get access to the hotel list on November 5. We will have a page dedicated to hotels on the TechEd website then.

• User profile image
    DBegley

@smaslin: The hotel list can be viewed online now:  http://northamerica.msteched.com/Hotels

• User profile image
    drjenki

From the Registration page, is there anyway to know which hotels will be offering shuttles?  It says most but is there anything definitive yet?  Not looking for a schedule, just a yes/no that a particular hotel will be providing shuttle service.

Onsite Shuttle Transportation

Shuttles will be provided from most of the Microsoft TechEd North America 2014 conference hotels and the George R. Brown Convention Center. A few hotels are within walking distance. Shuttle schedules will be available just prior to the event and onsite in TechEd hotel lobbies.

• User profile image
    Harjit

I believe it's fair to say that transportation will be provided to and from the hotels listed.

• User profile image
    Scott_​Ladewig

@drjenki: Like Harjit said, transportation will be provided from all conference hotels with the exception of those that are right there at the convention center. The Hilton Americas and Embassy Suites are right next to the convention center, so those two at least would fall under the comment about hotels within walking distance.

You can see locations and distances on the Hotels page.

• User profile image
    TBone2K

Has it been confirmed that all the hotels offer free internet? The one where I stayed this year (Doubletree) didn't. They had a special deal set up for TechNet guests, but didn't tell you about it unless you asked.

• User profile image
    DBegley

@TBone2K: I am checking with the registration team to confirm. There's a FAQ Site off the registration page that will be a resource for looking up additional questions!

@Scott_Ladewig and @Harjit:Thanks for all your help answering questions!!!

• User profile image
    DBegley

@TBone2K: Okay. I got the official word!  Wifi is free for all those who book through a TechEd hotel. If you have an issue with not getting free wifi, please see the registration desk when you get onsite in Houston. 

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.