There are 11 different session types featured at TechEd North America.
They are as follows:
- Birds of a Feather (BOF) –75 minutes. Discussions on timely, technology-based topics suggested, selected, and moderated by your peers. Recorded and available on-demand on Channel 9.
- Breakout Sessions –75 minutes. Lecture-style presentations that include PowerPoint slides and technology demos. Held in lecture rooms seating 200-1,200 participants. Recorded and available on-demand on Channel 9.
- Certification 101 (CER101) –75 minutes. Learn about selecting a certification path, preparing for the exam, and all of the benefits of becoming an MCP. Presented by Microsoft Certified Trainer. Not Recorded.
- Exam Prep Sessions (EXM) –75 minutes. Lead by Microsoft Certified Trainers, session topics directly relate to the current certification tests offered. Learn secrets and prepare to pass your certification exams. Not recorded.
- Foundational Sessions (FDN) –60 minutes. These sessions act as a bridge between the overarching messages presented in the Keynote and the more specific instruction delivered in the Breakouts. Recorded and available on-demand on Channel 9.
- Hands-on Labs (HOL) –60-75 minutes. Self-paced, drill-down exercises that enable you to get your hands on the technologies presented throughout the Sessions. Expert Technical Learning Guides (TLGs) are on hand to assist you through the labs as needed.
- Instructor-led Labs (ILL) –75 minutes. These sessions provide a guided, hands-on tour through an entire technical process. Not Recorded.
- Keynote (KEY) Microsoft's senior leaders share their vision for the future of IT and demonstrate Microsoft's strategy for executing this vision through current and soon-to-release solutions. Streamed live, recorded and available on-demand at Channel 9.
- Pre-Conference Seminars (PRC) –Day-long seminars that provide a comprehensive overview of a new or popular technology delivered by leading industry experts. Additional registration fee required. Not recorded.
- TechEd 101 (TE101) –60 minutes. High level overview of TechEd, explaining the major components and how to take advantage of all that is offered at the event. Not recorded.
- Women in Technology (WIT) –A discussion over lunch that centers around promoting, retaining, and supporting women working as IT professionals and developers, and how these women impact the industry. Not recorded.
FYI: Last year's session recordings are located here.