TechEd North America Thread

28 posts

Tech-Ed 2014

Back to Forum: TechEd North America
  • User profile image
    Vecna

will be in Houston, Texas, from May 12-15.  See you there!

• User profile image
    DBegley

@Vecna: Thanks for the posting! We're happy to announce we'll be heading to there next May!

• User profile image
    bweissman

I like the fact, that it'll be in early may.

I hate the fact, that it'll be in Houston Smiley

• User profile image
    karelvdh

@bweissman: +1

Me too. Forgive me my ignorance but as a foreigner some places have lots more of appeal then others: Boston, New York, Orlando, New Orleans, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, yes! I loved Seattle even more but their conference center falls short for Tech Ed... Las Vegas is nice too, but one can get an overload of conferences in Las Vegas... Places like Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, ... don't have the same attraction, but once more, I could be terribly wrong as I never visited these cities.

• User profile image
    MarkDeFalco

I, for one, am excited to take a visit to http://spacecenter.org/ while in Houston. Smiley

• User profile image
    Vecna

@markdefalco I nominate spacecenter for the conference party!

• User profile image
    bweissman

It will just be my 4th convention in Houston...

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Has anyone noticed this date conflicts with Mothers Day?   Ouch!

• User profile image
    KMJaber

I'm from Houston and the city has a several things to offer.  You will need a car to get to any place.  Metro services in Houston are not the best and the city is huge!

• User profile image
    cmscheer

"You will need a car to get to any place.  Metro services in Houston are not the best and the city is huge!"

This is why I am not going. Places like Vegas, New Orleans, are perfect because so many things are within walking distance.

• User profile image
    KerryVinson

Houston is a great city to experience! If you are an MLB fan, please note that the Houston Astros will be hosting the Texas Rangers May 12, 13, and 14th. Also, the Johnson Space Center is a great place to visit! In fact, I recommend showing up early on Sunday spending the whole day there. If you are even remotely interested in the space program, it will certainly change your life!

• User profile image
    HaggisQueen

Is there a plan to have a Tech-Ed in Canada (that's part of NA)? I'm in Calgary, Alberta and sorely miss the old Tech-Ed days that I could attend here. I found them to be very informative and a great way to network as well!

• User profile image
    DBegley

@HaggisQueen: Thanks for the feedback. We hear and appreciate that networking at TechEd is one of the top reasons people attend. As for future plans beyond 2014, we'll keep you posted!

• User profile image
    virtualjon

This sucks - I want MMS back and I want it in Vegas

• User profile image
    ajsango

Vegas would be good for 2015.. hint hint..

• User profile image
    Koolwizz

Are they going to have conference prices with hotel bundle in with the package?  It was really nice that they did that for MMS packages. 

• User profile image
    DBegley

@Koolwizz:The conference price and hotel are charged separately. We will be posting a list of the hotels, their names, address, rates and distance from the convention center when registration goes live on November 5th. You can book your hotel at the same time as you register for the event. In fact, I highly recommend you book your hotel when you register so you can secure the hotel you like.

• User profile image
    arsalanh2000

@DBegley:  I am interested to attend this great event. Can you please send me the required information, charges and perquisites requirements to attend this conference. I am MS Student and also doing job. If there is any possiblity to get rebate on fee to attend it. my Email arsalanh2000@hotmail.com

Looking forward for response

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.