TechEd North America Thread

7 posts

TechEd North America 2014: Datacenter and Infrastructure Management Track Discussion

Back to Forum: TechEd North America
  • User profile image
    DBegley

Do you have a question or input regarding a TechEd North America 2014 session that is in the  Datacenter and Infrastructure Management Track? Add to this thread and we'll make sure it is seen by the content team! Thanks!

• User profile image
    ChrisKluka

Hi! 

My primary concern at the moment, is design guidelines around the use of SCDPM and SoFS. Since SoFS shares can not be backed up by SCDPM, and, since Hyper-V hosts in other domains without trusts cannot be backed up by SCDPM, in-guest backups appear to be the only solution for a multi-tenant cloud infrastructure. 

Are there any plans to allow for SCDPM to backup a multi-tenant clound infrastructure, using Hyper-V clusters and "remote" VHDX files hosted on SMB3 shares of SoFS clusters, without in-guest backups? Or, are we simply forced to do in-guest backups, and create many DPM instances, one per customer?

-- ChrisKluka

• User profile image
    HenriP

Any chance of adding another session of DCIM-IL202 Windows Server 2012 R2: Windows PowerShell Fundamentals? Everything is full, including the waitlist. Thanks.

• User profile image
    marcrey

, HenriP wrote

Any chance of adding another session of DCIM-IL202 Windows Server 2012 R2: Windows PowerShell Fundamentals? Everything is full, including the waitlist. Thanks.

+1 for adding more sessions of this

• User profile image
    SPomeroy

+2, All the SCCM classes i want are full and so are the wait lists!

• User profile image
    CAReed

I just looked and it appears that there is a repeated session at 5 PM on Wednesday that appears to have slots available.  Also, the repeated session on Thursday has wait-list slots available. 

• User profile image
    subhomoyC

Any customers of VMware SRM out there who already own multiple datacenters that are thinking of using Azure based DR ? I would like to know if anyone out there is even thinking about it. I don't see much benefit especially when the system is completely dependent on cloud and sort of ignores the fact that many large enterprise customers already have SAN based DR plans in place. Maybe I am missing something. Any thoughts ?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.