TechEd North America Thread

14 posts

TechEd North America 2014: Developer Platform and Tools Track Discussion

Back to Forum: TechEd North America
  • User profile image
    DBegley

Do you have a question or input regarding a TechEd North America 2014 session that is in the Developer Platform and Tools Track? Add to this thread and we'll make sure it is seen by the content team! Thanks!

• User profile image
    KBinSC

I realize that the content catalog was only posted yesterday and will continue to be updated, but I was wondering if anyone could provide any insight into whether or not there will be any instructor-led sessions in the developer platform and tools track? There currently are none listed.

Also, as a first-timer to TechEd, I was wondering, how fast do the instructor-led sessions fill up?

• User profile image
    sidetnee

There is a distinct lack of UX sessions this year (none!), get in touch with Billy Hollis (@BillyHollis / http://billyhollis.com/ ) and see if you can find a way to fit a session or two from him into the agenda. He always packs out the room and delivers.

• User profile image
    walterh

@sidetnee:Went to Billy's session at TechEd last year, packed room and a great talk.

• User profile image
    DBegley

@KBinSC There are no ILLs for the Developer track, but there are over 2 dozen developer-related hands-on labs, which will have proctors/experts available to assist 1:1.  Many ILLs fill up quickly, so be sure to add them to your schedule soon.

• User profile image
    KBinSC

@DBegley:Thanks for the info. I will revisit the ILL list.

• User profile image
    crendall

I'd like to see some sessions on Visual Studio LightSwitch

• User profile image
    KBinSC

Will any of the Hands-on Lab course materials be made available outside of the TechEd labs - such as in MS Virtual Academy? There are so many interesting labs listed, there's no possible way to hit all the ones that I would like.

• User profile image
    CAReed

@KBinSc, many of the Hands-On Labs are made available after TechEd is over.  Come by the HOL area and we'll have more information for you.  (I'm working the HOL area and I'm a developer MCT; so stop by and try out the labs...)

• User profile image
    nmcginn

@CAReed: It's awesome to hear that hands-on lab material will be available after TechEd. My schedule is overflowing as is (it's my first time to TechEd and I've been told this is expected). Having more available after the fact means less pressure when scheduling :)

• User profile image
    CAReed

The Hands-On Labs are available for use throughout every day, even on Sunday.  So, after you register on Sunday, come on by and work through a couple labs.  You do not need to schedule these; just sit down at one of the computers and pick a lab.

Many use HOLs as a nice break from sitting in a dark room all day long.  You can get into some of the different technologies that might not be able to use back home.

The best part of working HOLs during the conference is that you will have subject-matter experts available to help answer some of your questions.  You won't get that after the conference, except through forums.

Note also that I am not talking about the instructor-led labs (IILs).  These will generally not be made available after the conference, so you will want to take these during TechEd.

• User profile image
    KBinSC

@CAReed, thanks for the info. I am happy to hear that we'll get access to the HOL content afterwards. There are so many good options being offered, there's no possible way to do them all during the conference. Like @nmcginn mentioned, this takes some of the pressure off when building my schedule (I'm a first-timer as well).

• User profile image
    CAReed

Remember that when you end up at a session and it's full, the HOL area will always be available.  Also, on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, we'll be available until 9 PM, so there are plenty of opportunities during the conference to come by.

• User profile image
    srikanthvenu

Can i get a copy of presentation?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.