TechEd North America Thread

35 posts

Teched 2014 Bag

Back to Forum: TechEd North America
  • User profile image
    sidetnee

Any sightings yet?  Please make it big enough to take a large (17.something laptop) without bursting at the seams, last few have been half an inch too small.

• User profile image
    RallyJoe

I for one would like zippers that don't open on their own :)   Last years bag was kind of a mess.   I still rock my 2012 bag though, that's my primary bag I use for travel and work carrying my IT grip.

• User profile image
    jszczepa

I liked the 2013 bag but not as much as the 2012 bag which was awesome.  Clone that bag and I'll be happy.

• User profile image
    Harjit

The 2013 bag definitely had some manufacturing issues but in terms of design, it was good.  I had mine replaced by the vendor to another bag they were offering and that one is well made and nice.

• User profile image
    RallyJoe

I think the bag they replaced yours with is the 2012 bag if I remember right from those threads last year.   Which is a superb backpack.

• User profile image
    Harjit

@RallyJoe: Yeah, that could very well be. This is the replacement I ended up getting. Nice bag.

http://looptworks.com/shop/bags/kasum-backpack

• User profile image
    jsnow

Nothing yet. I've been looking to abscond with the sample bag for the Countdown Show (like last year). As soon as we see it you can bet that Rick and I will put it through it's paces and give you all a sneak peek.

• User profile image
    Harjit

@jsnow: Excellent! Looking forward to seeing what's in store. :)

• User profile image
    sidetnee

Knew we could really on @JoeySnow...:P

• User profile image
    clloyd

Hopefully it's a back pack style.  Convergence last year gave the messenger style and for me it's not as comfortable.

• User profile image
    Scott_​Ladewig

I've used my 2013 bag almost everyday since TechEd and have taken it on several trips. I've never had an issue aside from some light fraying on the handle. I prefer it ot the 2012 bag because it unfolds for airport security check sideways rather than lengthwise. Makes a big difference (for me at least).

• User profile image
    RicksterCDN

@joeysnow and I got a chance to see the VERY early propotype samples in order to provide input. I hear that something is on the way in order for us to "review" it.

What are YOUR top features to have included?

• User profile image
    Harjit

, RicksterCDN wrote

What are YOUR top features to have included?

Compartments. Need compartments for various cables and portable batteries for smartphones.

• User profile image
    RallyJoe

Yes,   Compartments! , zippered pockets (not a fan of the buttoned pockets from 2011), Durable materials (some TechEd bags have been a bit flimsy),  Deeper water bottle holder nets on the sides than 2013, my water bottle fell out a number of times in 2013.   and not a bag requirement as much -  A bigger water bottle, like 1L if possible.

And I really liked the color choices and options in 2012, it was fun seeing different back pack designs around the event.

A nice to-have would also be waterproof zippers... using these bags over the course of the year following TechEd, I've gotten tied up in some rain storms and it would be nice to have a bag that actually kept water out through the zippers.  But that's not a must have :)

• User profile image
    BrentTuggle

"Good" padding on the shoulder straps... And the always needed inclusion of a Church Key ;)

• User profile image
    sidetnee

Size matters - an extra inch will make all the difference to the recent backpacks or the 2009 satchel style. Plus a great feature would be a shiny Surface 2 Pro slipped inside :P

• User profile image
    mvpatrick

From what I am reading here it sounds like a Swiss Gear backpack. That would be awesome.

And I am all for the shiny Surface Pro 2 inside.  :)

• User profile image
    nothatsyou

I mean really, the 2012 bag encompasses all the "wants" that have been described. Except for @sidetnee he want a extra large tarp style bag. LOL! I love my 2012 edition and still use it today. I was using my 2008 bag until I got my uber cool 2012 bag.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.