Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

BizTalk

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    z33driver

I an currently looking at biz talk as a possible solution to this scenario: sit! if-Eirai'. it-tie.... is..." Iseki: infuse's: id client My app needs to integrate in environments where 3rd party SB may be Oracle, SR Server, or other. we want to build out the app against our own complete dati/entity model. When the customer his no 3rd party system it would use 100% our DB. But when n 3rd party system exists, we want to integrate where possible and use our DB to support any parts that are missing, BizTalk seems suitable for this type of EA-ID but will I get a performance hits h -sag. Ii-FI: is....

• User profile image
    csharp1171

Without knowing more details its hard to say if you will take a hit.  If you need to integrate data from several applications and send say a message to another system the BizTalk would be great for that.  If your webservice only needs to connect to a different database based on a given customer then you may want to look into the Enterprise Library.  Using enterprise Library you can change some config files to use a different provider and there's no need to recompile any smart client. 

• User profile image
    z33driver

Yeah, the issue with just swapping \ dif. provider is the 3rd party DB could have any arbitrary schema. What I'm trying to do is create a solution where implementation for a given customer is a Configuration or consulting issue as opposed to a development issue. BizTalk seems like it has the toolset to accomplish this, but II curious what the performance is like in real time. I suppose this will largely depend on what kind of transformational. are occurring but In interested in what the overhead in general is.

• User profile image
    csharp1171

Given that I would say BizTalk definetly can solve your problem.  There is extra overhead because BizTalk is just another layer to go through.  If you are doing a lot of transactional type calls you will experience a delay.  Is this a high transaction application?

• User profile image
    z33driver

Not high transaction but "real" atomic transition, are necessary. I think I'm going to pursue this!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.