Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Debuger break changes position at runtime

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Shrage

Can someone explain this strange behaivor i get in VS.net? i  set a breakpoint in C# (and asp.net application)  when i run it, the breakpoint moves down several rows. here is the lines, i set the break on the first line (this.CustomerType...) and it moves to the row (FillAllPatterns()) at runtime.

this.CustomerType = (UserSpace.User.Roles)EStore.Customer.UserRole(this.Page.User.Identity.Name);

if( Request.Params["pattern"] != null)

{ //show all pattern button clicked

if( Request.Params["pattern"] == "showall")

{

dtlPattern.Visible=true;

dtlProducts.Visible=false;

FillAllPatterns();

}

}

• User profile image
    themaffeo

I've had similar wierdness sometimes.

Problems are various - sometimes there is an identical file somewhere in your project, sometimes vs.net seems to be "thinking" about an older version of the file...  I generally just close and restart vs.net and it goes away.  if that doesnt work for u (in concert with an iisreset) try using vstweak and emptying vs.net's cache (i think it has an option for that)

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

Sometimes it's just a matter of erasing the PDBs and rebuilding the solution from scratch. Maybe they got out of sync.

• User profile image
    themaffeo

Yggdrasil wrote:

Sometimes it's just a matter of erasing the PDBs and rebuilding the solution from scratch. Maybe they got out of sync.

Ahhh... good idea.

• User profile image
    Shrage

I'm at my job now, when i come home i will try it out. it sounds like the right solutions, BTW is there anything not being answerd on this fourum?, i seems like this fourum is more valueble than the the msdn forums;-)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.