Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Debuger break changes position at runtime

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Shrage

Can someone explain this strange behaivor i get in VS.net? i  set a breakpoint in C# (and asp.net application)  when i run it, the breakpoint moves down several rows. here is the lines, i set the break on the first line (this.CustomerType...) and it moves to the row (FillAllPatterns()) at runtime.

this.CustomerType = (UserSpace.User.Roles)EStore.Customer.UserRole(this.Page.User.Identity.Name);

if( Request.Params["pattern"] != null)

{ //show all pattern button clicked

if( Request.Params["pattern"] == "showall")

{

dtlPattern.Visible=true;

dtlProducts.Visible=false;

FillAllPatterns();

}

}

• User profile image
    themaffeo

I've had similar wierdness sometimes.

Problems are various - sometimes there is an identical file somewhere in your project, sometimes vs.net seems to be "thinking" about an older version of the file...  I generally just close and restart vs.net and it goes away.  if that doesnt work for u (in concert with an iisreset) try using vstweak and emptying vs.net's cache (i think it has an option for that)

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

Sometimes it's just a matter of erasing the PDBs and rebuilding the solution from scratch. Maybe they got out of sync.

• User profile image
    themaffeo

Yggdrasil wrote:

Sometimes it's just a matter of erasing the PDBs and rebuilding the solution from scratch. Maybe they got out of sync.

Ahhh... good idea.

• User profile image
    Shrage

I'm at my job now, when i come home i will try it out. it sounds like the right solutions, BTW is there anything not being answerd on this fourum?, i seems like this fourum is more valueble than the the msdn forums;-)

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.