Tech Off Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

webpartmanager

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    wacko

Anyone else have an issue in Beta 2 where they add a webpartmanager and then go to run the website and it times out becaue it can't create a sql DB ? I did not seem to have this issue in past release of VS

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

I can't say that I've had this issue, as I haven't started playing with SQL Server 2005 yet... Actually I've been struggling to get my new internet connection set up here in Ottawa... with Bell on strike, this is day 11 of the struggle.

I did however notice on the CTP Madness site that Beta 2 of Visual Studio is only compatible with the April CTP of SQL Server 2005. I don't recall which CTP was shipped out with the Visual Studio Beta 2 DVD's... and it doesn't seem to say so either on the DVD surface. Perhaps this is the issue?

Good to see you back on the forums wacko. Haven't seen much of you lately.

• User profile image
    wacko

Its good to be back Smiley Sorry to hear about your net issues. I do have the April CTP installed on this machine but still when i go to run the web app it times out, if i remove the webpartmanager it works just fine. I never had this issue in Beta 1 or later CTP's, Is there something I have to do ?

• User profile image
    wacko

an update, it seems it will not allow me to do anything because by defualt the webpartmanager uses the sqlexpress provider and even though I have sql 2005 on my machine it still does not work. I do not understand how this work and everything I read says just drag the webmanager on there and your done and thats not happening

• User profile image
    wacko

after many hours of swearing, breaking a very nice MS mouse, I got this thing to work... I just was a (I need to watch my language) and installed SQL Express and it worked 100%

• User profile image
    jwignall

You can run the aspnet_regsql.exe located in the .net 2.0 framework folder to configure your non-sql 2005 express database to work.

More info on asp.net

• User profile image
    wacko

I guess what got me more then anything was the fact that i was running SQL server 2005, why wouldn't it work with that out of the box ?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.