Tech Off Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Vista PDC Build blues :(

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Stebet

Well.. thing is, the serial which came inside "The Goods" booklet simply doesn't seem to work (not for me at least). Were we handed out the wrong serial for the PDC build?

If not, is there some place in the conference hall where i can get a correct serial?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Why do the betas have CD keys in the first place?

• User profile image
    RaiN

W3bbo wrote:
    Why do the betas have CD keys in the first place?

You don't believe that Windows Vista betas have CD-Keys or just want to know why is that? Wink

Windows Vista betas do have CD-Keys.

• User profile image
    Stebet

well... nevermind.. i got things working eventually.. seems that Vista doesn't like to be extracted to a different hard drive before installing.

I had tried extracting the .iso to a hard drive and installing from there but it wouldn't accept the cd-key no-matter what so i tried mounting the drive as a virtual drive via. Daemon Tools and from there it worked fine.

Now if only i could get the SideBar running Wink

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Glad you got it running.  Sorry to say the SideBar was not checked in for the PDC bits.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

The first thing I'll have to do when I get a build with the sidebar is writing a picture tile without virtual monitor frame around and that uses the whole sidebar width. I liked that tile the most on the first iteration of the sidebar.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Yeah, the sidebar in the keynote demo was really neat. I liked that Media player thing they did. I forget what they called the little sidebar pieces, widgets?

• User profile image
    gaelhatchue

gadgets

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.