Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Future of IDesignerHost?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Hi,
        Does anybody know (or event suspect) that the future holds for the System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesignerHost interface in future versions (post 1.1) of .Net?

Our current product has a user-configurable interface and I have implemented a 'screen designer' using the IDesignerHost interface system (this has been the biggest technical challenge for me in the last year).  The IDesignerHost interface is not well documented, but I found a couple of helpful websites. 

This has been a reasonably large investment in time and effort (about 40 working days) and I want to know the life expectancy in terms of .NET versions. I'd rather not have to go through it all again too soon.

Anyone know anything about this?

Cheers
    Dr Herbie

• User profile image
    hytechpro

I need a really good Ecommerce host.

Needs to have good space and bandwidth - NOT UNLIMITED!

Needs to be a reliable host aswell, one that will keep its promises and always have the staff online and awaiting my questions/problems.

Please list a few, then I will do research on them before I make my final decision.

http://www.hytechpro.com/">http://www.hytechpro.com

Thanks.

• User profile image
    JChung2006

Dr Herbie, IDesignerHost still exists in the .NET 2.0 framework.

If you would like to try recompiling your project in .NET 2.0 beta 2 to see if there were any changes that affected your project between .NET 1.1 and 2.0, the .NET Framework 2.0 Beta 2 SDK is available for download on MSDN.

• User profile image
    JChung2006

Excuse me, hytechpro, but what does your reply have to do with the original post?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.