Tech Off Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

layout and intro

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Rake

I need someone to build a flash intro of a modern real school bus rolling up from the right side of the page to the left.

The flash file needs to work with swishmax.

Also a site needs to be designed and should contain bright colors kinda like a site from the islands. This a paid project, any takers?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

The whole notion of Flash intros or splash screens is decried on by most serious web developers, they don't add to the usability or functionality of the site and are largely useless.

• User profile image
    Rake

Why does it matter? Only Post here if you want to take on the project!

As mention before you will be paid for the work any takers?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Rake wrote:
    Why does it matter? 

Because a site with an intro reduces website users counts dramatically.

...Looks tacky.

...And because of those 2 reasons, no  "good" designer would produce one, so the cycle repeats itself and you'll end up with a laclustre splash.

Save yourself the money and the trouble, don't get a splash screen.

• User profile image
    Rake

Once again Paid Project any takers?

• User profile image
    Travis H

I will.

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

W3bbo wrote:

...And because of those 2 reasons, no  "good" designer would produce one, so the cycle repeats itself and you'll end up with a laclustre splash.

So the people behind this or this or this or this are no "good" designers? I would say they are at the very least "pretty good" designers.....

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Stitch 2.0 wrote:
    W3bbo wrote:

So the people behind this or this or this or this are no "good" designers? I would say they are at the very least "pretty good" designers.....

Those are all nice Flash sites, but W3bbo was talking about people who make Flash splash pages that add nothing to the overall website. And some that don't even have a "skip" alternative, and they force the user to sit through the whole animation...then they take you onto the website.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.