Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

custom cursors in winforms apps

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    rhm

Using VS2003 I've got a C# app I'm writing. I want some different cursors (mouse pointers really) from the usual ones contained in the Cursors class. So I add a cursor item to the project and that brings up the image editor toolbar, but the "Set hotspot tool" remains stubbornly greyed out. Has anyone got any idea why this is and how I go about setting up the hotspot otherwise?

• User profile image
    rhm

Hmm, seems if I create the .cur file with the editor in VS6, then load it into VS2003 (or just do the work in VS6), it works fine and I can edit the hotspot. Maybe there's a problem with the template file VS2003 uses to create .cur files?

• User profile image
    footballism

This article probably cannot solve your problem, but you can be sort of enlightened after reading it:p

Sheva

• User profile image
    rhm

Yeh, these are just your basic non-animated black and white cursors. I got it working in the end by creating the .cur files with VS6. I'm pretty sure it's a template problem with VS2003 (which I'm astounded nobody else has complained about). When you create a .cur file in a C# project and then load it, the editor thinks it is editing an icon resrouce which is why it doesn't allow you to set the hotpoint. Oh well.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.