Tech Off Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

WinFX on Windows XP ?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    cro

What do I need to start testing Avalon, Indigo and WinFX on Windows XP ?

I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 beta 2 and I would like to use it.

I try to install WinFXSDK-x86.exe, winfxsetup.exe and vsextwfx.msi on a Virtual PC machine and even then, xamlpad do not work. The app crach when started.

So, some help is needed to setup my machine to start working with WinFX.

Thanks.

• User profile image
    jmacdonagh

Your problem may be with the Virtual Machine. Generally, it emulates a generic video driver with no hardware acceleration for your display adapter. Avalon, at this point in the development process, isn't set up to accomodate for lower end video cards. I'm sure when it hits Beta 2 it will be better at using the Virutal Machine's emulated display adapter.

• User profile image
    andokai

The install order and versions you are using are important. You can find more details on this old thread.

• User profile image
    cro

I have reinstall it all on my laptop. Now XAMLpad is working. But I'm unable to install the extention for Visual Studio. It told me that Visual Studio, WinFX, ... is not installed, witch is not true of corse. 

• User profile image
    andokai

make sure you have all the correct versions

• User profile image
    cro

All fixed ! Smiley

Thanks.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.