Tech Off Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Where to report bugs of IE7 and/or Vista ?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    msvista

Even though I dont like to open a thread on this, but could not able to get that info from MSDN. SO, thought some one here might know

Thanks

• User profile image
    Mike Dimmick

If you're a member of the beta testing programme, use the beta newsgroups.

Otherwise, there's no formal feedback route that I'm aware of. You could email the IE team using the contact form on their blog. I've reported a couple of bugs this way but had no response. For Windows Vista you could add something to the product feedback wiki. I have no idea if anyone's reading this, of course.

Suggestion for the Wiki: ability to subscribe to a single page.

While I'm here, in case anyone from the IE team reads this: sometimes, when loading a page, it is interpreted as Windows-1252 when it should be interpreted as UTF-8. This is a very intermittent fault, and I haven't seen a common thread. Refreshing the page almost always fixes the problem. I most recently saw this problem at http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/04/explorers-registry-polling.html.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

The official way to report bugs on Vista and IE7 is the Microsoft Beta Client. I have no idea if MSDN subscribers have access to that, for the technical beta it can be downloaded from Connect.

• User profile image
    msvista

beta.microsoft.com my account has only one out that is OneCare. It tells me I am authorized only for OneCare Bug repors.

As they do not have Beta Programs for iE or Vista, I doubt they allow here.

I think MSDN should have a common bug report portal for everyone

• User profile image
    Maurits

msvista wrote:

MSDN does:
    MSDN Product Feedback Center Home (AKA Ladybug)

Alas, IE and Vista are not among the buggable products.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

msvista wrote:
    beta.microsoft.com my account has only one out that is OneCare. It tells me I am authorized only for OneCare Bug repors.

As they do not have Beta Programs for iE or Vista, I doubt they allow here.

There is a beta program for Vista and IE7, but it is not run through BetaPlace but through Connect.

• User profile image
    msvista

Sven Groot wrote:

There is a beta program for Vista and IE7, but it is not run through BetaPlace but through Connect.

the Connect has only the following two products for participation:

1. Microsoft Compute Cluster Solution Beta
    2. Windows Network Developer Platform

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

msvista wrote:
    Sven Groot wrote:

the Connect has only the following two products for participation:

You needed to be invited for the Vista beta program. If you go to "Invitations" you get the opportunity to enter a code. Those who are in the technical beta program (which includes me and several other niners) got such a code via e-mail. If you didn't get the code, you can't get into the beta (and unlike betaplace guest IDs, connect invitation codes are unique, everybody has a different one).

• User profile image
    msvista

Sven Groot wrote:

You needed to be invited for the Vista beta program. If you go to "Invitations" you get the opportunity to enter a code. Those who are in the technical beta program (which includes me and several other niners) got such a code via e-mail. If you didn't get the code, you can't get into the beta (and unlike betaplace guest IDs, connect invitation codes are unique, everybody has a different one).

Thanks Groot. AS I DO NOT HAVE ANY INVITATION, this is also ruled out.

Anyway, am gonna going to report the bugs in WIKI itself..

• User profile image
    gicio

Maurits wrote:

Alas, IE and Vista are not among the buggable products.

not buggable?

Can someone from Microsoft tell us where to report some vista bugs Smiley

regards,

• User profile image
    DigitalDud

Track down the name of the developer who was involved in whatever feature is bugged. Email them directly. Smiley

• User profile image
    gicio

...still waiting for an answer..............

• User profile image
    gicio

Isn't Microsoft interested in some bug reports from the VISTA RTM?

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

gicio wrote:
    Isn't Microsoft interested in some bug reports from the VISTA RTM?

Of cause NOT! They have to give Ultmate key to reporter for free. Big Smile

Vista actually is full of bugs and issues. Most of them are just not critical but very annoying. Some issues are not bugs, just a "microsoft way to do things in most stupid way".

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    AndyC
  • User profile image
    gicio

AndyC wrote:

On this site I can't see any Vista support.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.