Tech Off Thread

8 posts

is it possible for Microsoft to create control panel for Windows hosting?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • jt2377

all the current control panel on the market kinda sux. is it possible for Microsoft to create a control panel for windows share hosting/resell?

• mrichman

jt2377 wrote:
    all the current control panel on the market kinda sux. is it possible for Microsoft to create a control panel for windows share hosting/resell?

Conrad Agramont did in fact create one several years ago before he went off to work at eQuest.

What features would you like to see if Microsoft (or someone else) created the "perfect" control panel for shared hosting?

• W3bbo

mrichman wrote:
    What features would you like to see if Microsoft (or someone else) created the "perfect" control panel for shared hosting?

Aieee... not again.

That's yet another project I'm working on Tongue Out

• sbc

W3bbo wrote:
    mrichman wrote:What features would you like to see if Microsoft (or someone else) created the "perfect" control panel for shared hosting?

Aieee... not again.

You must have a lot of free time...

• dahat

Do you mean like Plesk?

• W3bbo

sbc wrote:
    W3bbo wrote:
    mrichman wrote:What features would you like to see if Microsoft (or someone else) created the "perfect" control panel for shared hosting?

Aieee... not again.

You must have a lot of free time...

Far from it.

I've only got 3 projects underway right now, and they're all done in my spare time. You'll notice I haven't been able to upload a new build of Insecticide since Wednesday.

• David7738

jt2377 wrote:

is this a web-hosting control panel that you're looking for? Replacment to Windows Control Panel? Precision is needed here in your requirements

for iis web hosting roll your own using .net and VS

• XiXora

thinking about it, with iis7 theres a web.config thing you can do. surely you could make your own thing that messes with that file Smiley should be simple as its just xml

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.