Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Anti-Virus Protection - Web Application

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    MrFile

I am building an application that will allow end-users to upload files for others to download, and as you guys can image this worries me.

I will be posting these files from the upload stream directly into the database and back out therefore i am not worried about my companies network, but i am concerned with those who will be downloading these files.

Do you guys recommend anything i can integrate (willing to purchase product but dont have a million bucks to spend) into my site to do scanning after upload? This solution would have to work on a web farm scenario.

FYI... For our servers we already use Norton to help keep them virus free.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

If you're already using Norton, just leverage the scanner itself.

Look up Symantec's website for information on telling the scanner to inspect a single file (the path obtained from HttpPostedFile.SaveAs() ) and extracting the result.

• User profile image
    TomasDeml
  • User profile image
    MrFile

Thank you for the feedback guys, some interesting stuff. I am going to have one of my guys look at this right away.

If anyone has any other suggestions i welcome them to compare and contrast.

• User profile image
    Shark_M

just use Kaspersky, its better than Norton

www.kaspersky.com

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.