Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Windows Workflow Engine

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    dlausch

Since the WWF is meant to support long running workflows (i.e. days or longer) does the engine need to be constantly running...what happens when the machine that's hosting the app in which the engine runs, goes down...Is WWF setup to handle clustering?

dlausch

• User profile image
    SimonJ

No the engine doesn't need to be running all the time. The engine will persist the state of any running workflows when it is shut down and restore them when restarted.

I don't know about clustering though. I'm not sure that the workflow engine would know anything about it.

SimonJ

• User profile image
    AIM48

As far as I understood it WWF is a single machine iplementation - sort of a autopiolt mechanisim for the processes running on one machine (like an easy to draw automation framework). If you want clustering etc.. you would probably have to go with a server specific workflow product such as biztalk , or perhaps longhorn server will support workflow clustering....

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.