Tech Off Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

No way to do VideoCapture for 2003 based smartphones?...

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    silver_arrow

Hi,

I previously wrote here a post asking how could I create a video capture application on a 2003 Smartphone. I currently have AudioVox SMT5600.

After some research I found that there are a series of posibilities to do that but mainly on the Windows Mobile 2005 which supports DirectShow API.

How possibly I can overcome this difficulty (not having a supported API in 2003 Smartphone sdk) in order to create my application?
    Practically I want to get the video stream and send it over OBEX or HTTP.

Maybe someone from Windows Mobile team could help me with this issue.

Thanks a lot for your time.

With best regards,
    Alexandru

• User profile image
    PaintedBlue

I have a commercial PPC application (SOTI Pocket Controller Professional) that does video capture, but the device must be connected to a PC using ActiveSync.

Accordingly, this might not be very helpful for you, but you might want to take a look at the product and see if the developer is willing to give you some suggestions:

http://www.soti.net/default.asp?Cmd=Products&SubCmd=PCPro

• User profile image
    An_Angel

Have you tried Neil Cowburn's Camera Capture API... It definately works for photo capture, and if you look into it you may be able to get video as well... It is the only solution that I have ever found for photo capture for PPC 2003 or Smartphone that works.

The source is available so you can edit and alter it as you see fit.  Bear in mind that there is no support from the developer though.

Sarah

• User profile image
    silver_arrow

Hi Sarah,

I had a look over the code downloaded from the site recommended by you. I compiled and deployed into my AudioVox SMT5600 smartphone the application named: Camera Capture SP.

The application starts and then displays an error:

CamCaptureSP.exe
    TypeLoadException
    Could not load type: OpenNETCF.Diagonstics.Pro... (I couldn't see all text) from assembly OpenNETCF, Version=1.2.3346.0,
    Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=30C767B29

MainForm::Main+0x0

I suppose this error is because the OpenNETCF is not installed into my smartphone, isn't? Could you confirm this?

In case I need to install OpenNETCF into my smartphone could you let me know how I can install it? Should I use ActiveSync?

Thanks a lot,
    Alexandru

• User profile image
    An_Angel

silver_arrow wrote:

I compiled and deployed into my AudioVox SMT5600 smartphone the application named: Camera Capture SP.

The application starts and then displays an error:

CamCaptureSP.exe
    TypeLoadException
    Could not load type: OpenNETCF.Diagonstics.Pro... (I couldn't see all text) from assembly OpenNETCF, Version=1.2.3346.0,
    Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=30C767B29

MainForm::Main+0x0

Explain to me how you were deploying to the device?  Did you do it as a cab install or did you go through activesync.... or did you do something else random?  It looks like you only installed your program and not the SFD. 

I usually do a release build and deploy that to the device through activesync.  This means that it should be a complete version of the software on the device including the SDF. 

Sarah

• User profile image
    silver_arrow

Hi Sarah,

I did a release version of the application and it was deployed thru ActiveSync. Unfortunately I got the same error.

What could be the reason to have the same error?

Thanks a lot,
    Alexandru

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.