Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Asynchronous Sockets versus Synchronous Sockets

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Shark_M

Hi guys,
    i want to ask , what is good for a server that has to talk to many clients (100,000 +++) use of a asynchronous socket or a multithreaded synchronous sockets?

also how to increase the thread pool in async sockets? the default is 25

any suggestions would be helpful to me

thanks

• User profile image
    AFO#

Hello

In order to increase the thread pool you must change the property CorSetMaxThreads, in mscoree.h file

Use Asynchronous or Synchronous sockets will depend on the type of operations that your clients will do. If you are deveoping a comunication server like a chat server, use Synchronous sockets, if your clients will send some information, your systems do something, you send the response to the client, and you must wait for a client response, use asynchronous sockets.

Bye.

• User profile image
    Shark_M

AFO# wrote:

In order to increase the thread pool you must change the property CorSetMaxThreads, in mscoree.h file

how to implement that in C#?

especially , i want to maintian a ratio, if there are 50 clients connected, thread pool = 25, then if it increases to 100 clients, increase thread pool by factor of 2, so 50 thread pool, and so on, so long as system resources permit (untill the max threads in the pool is reached that the system can run ok)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.