Tech Off Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

ASP.NET application culture?

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Tensor

I've a slight problem with an ASP application. Locally it all runs fine and the current culture is as expected - English (United Kingdom).

When I put it on our test server it seems the culture information for the application is English (United States) rather than English (United Kingdom).

I did a little console app to find out the current culture and ran that on the server, and it comes out as English (United Kingdom), but somehow either IIS in general, ASP.NET, or my application are running as English (United States) and I have no idea why. Anyone have a clue?

EDIT: As a workaround, I used the page directives to force the pages culture to be en-Gb. That works, but sucks.

• User profile image
    sbc

Why don't you set it in web.config (assuming you mean ASP.NET and not ASP):

<system.web>
      <globalization fileEncoding="iso-8859-15" requestEncoding="iso-8859-15" responseEncoding="iso-8859-15" culture="en-GB" />
    </system.web>

Additionally, go to Control Panel, Regional Options. Then click 'set default' so you can change the system locale. I think people often miss that (even system admins) and only change the user locale.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.