Tech Off Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

VS 2005 Beta 2 Win CE Tests

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    dlausch

Has anyone been successful in creating a test project using VS 2005 Team System using Win CE? If so, could you detail the actual steps that you used? TIA.

dlausch

• User profile image
    rapidlord

1. File->New->Project 2. Select: Visual C++ -> Smart Device 3. In Template select: MFC Smart Device Application (or Win32, i prefer MFC). /set name for Project. 4. In Wizard , in first page go 'Next' , on second page select Pocket PC 2003. Go 'Next'. 5. Select app. type you want. If you are beginer choose 'Dialog based' it`s simplier. 6. Continue to 'Finish'. You can set emulators in 'Tools->Connect to devices ...'

• User profile image
    dlausch

Thanks rapidlord...but I should have been more specific. I am trying to create a unit test project in Win CE using VSTS. When I attempt to create a unit test project on a Win CE application, VS 2005 seems to include dlls in the test project that are incompatible with Win CE. Specifically, it does not use the System.dll from Win CF but uses the normal Window's System.dll. I attempted a re-referencing inside the test project and eliminated the compilation errors as best I could. However, the resulting build still had errors which I was unable to see or resolve.

dlausch

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.