Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

CAB file help

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    mastermine

Hi have devloped a Pocket Pc app in VS.NET 03 and i build it to a .CAB file useing the "Build Cab File" form the build menu this all goes fine when i install the cab file to my PPC under the Remove Programs it Show up with "My Company Application Name" anyone now how to change the "My Company" to something elce

Thanks  

• User profile image
    Mike Dimmick

Sorry, you'll have to get your hands dirty and edit the .inf file that Visual Studio generated. See this walkthrough for general information, and this documentation of the syntax. If you add files to your project you will have to either regenerate the file (which will lose your changes), or add them to the .inf yourself.

Since VS doesn't really do much for you, and I already knew how to write .CAB file scripts from my eVC days, I don't bother with this option.

• User profile image
    mastermine

Thanks for your help

Smiley

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Not that it'll help you much, but VS2005 is much better at this.

• User profile image
    mastermine

I got sent VS05 Beta 2 earlier this year and i did find it easyer but im only 15 and i can not afford the full edition. and i do not think that you can develop pocket pc apps in the express editions

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.