Tech Off Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

SWF + VS2005

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    manojT

Hi 9ers:),

Well 1ce agn I am here to bug u, well I am uploading the SWF files, there are arnd n no. of dependency files(SWF,HTML etc.) are associated with this SWF file, now I want the list of all dependency files which are associated with this uploaded file, As we have a provision to parse the HTML file and get the list of the dependency associated with it, is VS2005 providing any provision to parse the swf file and get the list of dependency files?

Regards,
    MT[H]

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Are you talking about SWF as in Flash?

• User profile image
    manojT

Yes Sir...........Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

manojT wrote:
    Yes Sir...........Smiley

How does a compiled Flash movie (*.swf) file have any dependencies?

If you just want that neat heirarchial view in VS's Solution Explorer then you need to edit the *.csproj/*.vbproj files manually.

• User profile image
    manojT

Well its not abt refering the dependency on to the VS project its about getting the dependency, Consider a scenario of HTML page, which consist some dependecy of the Images, If I ll uplaod this file on my application, the dependency associated with this HTML file wont get reflected but using stringreader, I am able to get the dependecy, of this file using my code....

But flash(SWF), is just Like a exe file, so My question is if under this uploaded flash file if there around 2-3 other swf files are getting called can I able to get this dependency files using .Net Code.........

• User profile image
    Dr. Shim

manojT: I'm positive Visual Studio doesn't read the SWF (or FLA) and read dependencies. I normally keep all dependant files in the same directory as the master FLA.

As for getting dependencies using .NET code, I believe that won't be very easy either. You'd have to (1) understand how FLA files are structured, and (2) the only way of talking to a SWF in WinForms is using the Flash Active X control, and that'll surely get you nowhere. Sad

Another way of checking for dependant files is to create a Flash Project file (.FLP file), then adding all the dependant files inside of the FLP. That way, if one is deleted or moved, Flash will notify you.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

manojT wrote:
    But flash(SWF), is just Like a exe file

No it isn't

manojT wrote:
    so My question is if under this uploaded flash file if there around 2-3 other swf files are getting called can I able to get this dependency files using .Net Code

I suggest you read the SWF file format specification first.

• User profile image
    manojT

I Gone through the document, but bit confused what it will do for me, I am still to the same problem domain.......

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.