Tech Off Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

ClickOnce and Windows 98

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    hello guys,
    I recently did a small program for a friend of mine, on C# 2.0, and i published the solution, and gave my friend the setup file. However when they run it , it fails to install for some reason, Though they have .net framework 1.1 installed, the installer goes to microsoft site and download 2.0 build of .net framework, and after that it also fails to install. saying its incompatible with 98

    what can i do then to get the program to install in a 98 machine?

  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    they get this error

    .Net Framework Initilization Error
    ------------------------------------------------
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.040607\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded
    ----------------------------------------------------------
                                            OK
    ----------------------------------------------------------


    What would cause that on win 98 machine?

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    Where did that error come from? The 2.0 framework install?

    It certainly *should* go onto 98, it's listed as supported on the download page

  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    yes on a 98 machine, when they tried to install .net framework, that error comes up..

    so I am not sure what to tell them

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    Shark_M wrote:
    yes on a 98 machine, when they tried to install .net framework, that error comes up..

    so I am not sure what to tell them


    From the version number they have had a beta version of the framework on there. Did they uninstall it first?

  • User profile image
    androidi

    Shark_M wrote:
    they get this error

    .Net Framework Initilization Error
    ------------------------------------------------
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.040607\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded
    ----------------------------------------------------------
                                            OK
    ----------------------------------------------------------


    What would cause that on win 98 machine?


    v2.040607... What build is that? Does your and their computer have the same build of the framework?

    That does not look like .net 2.0 RTM..

    edit: Ooops didn't read the previous reply [A]

  • User profile image
    Shark_M

    they removed 1.1 and installed 2.0, the redistributable version that microsoft has put out

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    Shark_M wrote:
    they removed 1.1 and installed 2.0, the redistributable version that microsoft has put out


    But that's not the correct RTM version number; you sure they didn't pull down a beta?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.