Tech Off Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Programming a Flight Simulator 2004 add-in module with .NET

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    z33driver

I noticed that some of the add-on developers like PMDG add their own menu in Flight Sim 2004.

I was wondering how you do this?  I saw an FSGUI module that I downloaded, it is a DLL that a guy created to do it, but it also uses straight C++ code.

I would like to develop an add-on for Flight Simulator 2004 using C# and .NET and I would like to add a menu of my own.  I would also like to get access to the AI traffic.  I downloaded the TrafficBuilder SDK but it isn't really an "SDK" its more just a set of utilities.

Does anyone know of any documentation on how to do the above?  I am aware of FSUIPC, a 3rd party DLL, but the SDK docs for that DLL don't show any ability to manipulate AI traffic.

How are the other add-on developers doing it?

• User profile image
    Harlequin
  • User profile image
    z33driver

Harlequin wrote:
    Yeah, the problem is that some of those SDKs aren't really "SDKs".  Some of them are interesting like the Panels and Gauges SDK, but I'm trying to figure out how to create a "module".  I want to be able to send commands to AI traffic from a .NET application.

• User profile image
    z33driver

Ok, I found some stuff on the 'Net that will be helpful in creating a module.

I remember a couple years ago there was an article on MSDN about using C# / .NET to write a custom gauge, and it showed how to hook out to the .NET Framework, if I recall correctly.  I can't seem to dig up this article using the MSDN search feature.  Does anyone remember the article I'm talking about and know where I can find it?

• User profile image
    z33driver

Well, I'm still surfing around trying to find information on how to do this.  Anyone have any leads for me?  I've been googling and gooooogling and can't seem to find anything.

• User profile image
    Korsos

Hi z33driver!!

I'm having the same problem as you. I would like to make a program that records some data from my flights like max altitude, max speed, destination airport, total flight time, etc...

I would make it using VB.NET 2005 and the only way, that I've found to "connect" with Flight Simulator is FSUIPC but now it isn't free.

Did you find the way to connect with Flight simulator without an external software? Any library or something like this?

Thanks!! I will keep on searching how to do it.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.