Tech Off Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

PC keeps rebooting randomly :/

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Xenon101

My media center pc has recently been bringing up a lot of 'blue screens' so I re-installed and removed all the PCI cards. Anyway, now it's mini-dumping a lot of the time, usually exactly when I change an mp3!

The only event in event viewer that relates is:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000024 (0x001902fe, 0xf7a46a2c, 0xf7a46728, 0xf73a449b). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini123105-05.dmp.

That tells me nothing, but maybe someone can interpret it?

• User profile image
    RobChartier

Download SpeedFan (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php) and rule out any temperature issues.

Many BIOS's support shutdown/reboot when the CPU or HDD's get too hot. 

It might just mean that your heatsink on your CPU is dirty.  Or you need to add a fan or two.

• User profile image
    Shark_M

did you install any new software? like a firewall or a new driver for the sound card or video card?

try to update the drivers for the soundcard and the video card!

• User profile image
    Chadk

I would say to do a heat problem, or a driver.

• User profile image
    footballism

When you encounter any system reboot without prompting, or blue screen or things like that, you should know that there are some critical errors ocurring within the system kernel code, so you should know that it's not the problem with the operating system, it's the problem with your hardware configuration, or hardware drivers. there are many possibilities contributing to the random reboot, graphical card not properly installed on the motherboard, CPU over heat etc.

Sheva

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.