• User profile image
    Rpgfreak

is IE set to your default browser?

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    gangstah

YES!  The exact same thing is happening to me.  Everytime I type a URL in or launch a bookmark another browser window (whatever the default browser is) opens.  If I click a hyperlink, no problem. 

I went back to a restore point and everything was fine.  Then it started happening again.  Did a scan with AdAware and nothing.  I'm thinking that it started again after an automatic update from MS.

• User profile image
    Rpgfreak

okay try Hitman Pro
    it's all in one, anti spyware, adware, trojans, etc.
    and it's free, and it's in Dutch, English and German, u should really try this, it clears ALL crap from your PC Wink

• User profile image
    indigoblue

You may not have any spyware at all, but may have a fully patched XP system. The same thing was happening to me last week (all links in IE opening in FF) and was driving me crazy...turns out there was a problem with a Windows hotfix (if you've previously installed IE7...). See here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/12/16/504864.aspx

Hope that helps,

p

• User profile image
    gangstah

Worked like a charm!  I am glad to be thanking you in your direction.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.